Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


Cm club - how much do you pay your accountant?

20 replies

LoveMyGirls · 13/02/2007 12:54

Just asking so i don't get ripped off


OP posts:

mykidzrmyworld · 13/02/2007 14:54

Dont have one! Cant u do it yourself to save u money!
Me and my husband do mine!
Be interested to know what people pay tho!


LoveMyGirls · 13/02/2007 14:59

It's my first year and i've had another job so would like to get it right when i'm more exp i will do it myself i think.

OP posts:

badgerhead · 13/02/2007 16:19

I use an accountant who specialises in accounts for childminders, although it means that I pay him £69 a year I find it worthwhile, email me if you want to know more [email protected]


LoveMyGirls · 13/02/2007 21:37


OP posts:

Katymac · 13/02/2007 21:41

LMG - even if you have worked (how many jobs?0 it's easy

I promise

Phone me when you get your form & I will talk you through it I promise


merrymerry · 13/02/2007 21:49

£200 per year hope you dont mind me butting in thought everyone had accountant?


shosha · 13/02/2007 21:59

Message withdrawn


Katymac · 13/02/2007 22:06

My turnover is very large & I do it myself

It's not hard - you just fill in boxes


mysonsmummy · 13/02/2007 22:30

my friends is a full time childminder. nevermind her not having a accountant - shes never paid a penny tax. some of the parents whose children she looks after even claim tax credits. dont know how she gets away with it year after year.


smeeinit · 13/02/2007 22:39

i dont use an accountant atall. its very straight forward to do yourself.


Twoandabump · 14/02/2007 17:15

Accountant ????

Do you need one??


mykidzrmyworld · 14/02/2007 18:53

A lot of us DONT pay tax - its the perks of Childminding - we claim a lot of it as expenses.
Its a childminding thing


Katymac · 14/02/2007 20:25

I have a truely astronomical turnover (admittedly I pay staff) but for the year 06-07 I anticipat epaying less than £10 tax (current stimate 97p)

But childminding is expensive - esp if you do it well


KaySamuels · 15/02/2007 18:30

I do my own accounts too, I just keep all my receipts and fill in accounts book once a month - only takes me half hour now I'm used to it. I wouldn't dream of paying an accountant. Never paid more than £18 income tax.

I agree with Katymac, I have huge expenses because I spoil all my mindees with lush food and far too many toys, etc


Tan1959 · 17/02/2007 14:00

LMG: I use Only Childminding his email is : brianmcternan at blueyonder dot co dot uk - £59 per year


mindermummy · 17/02/2007 15:38

It was my first year too and i dont it alone and it was easy, i promise..dont waste your money.xx


kpnuts2006 · 18/02/2007 15:48

I have prepared excel spreadsheets that once done, they do all my calculations for me. its so easy, do it once a week and it only takes me 10 mins. do you have any knowledge on microsoft excel????


mizzy · 18/02/2007 20:50

Have used Only Childminding (Brian McTernan) for last 2-3 years. He's brill. He got me £1,000 rebate backdated from taxman. If you earn a fair bit he is worth £59 (payable after tax bill has been agreed).


shosha · 18/02/2007 21:01

Message withdrawn


PandaG · 18/02/2007 21:08

DH does mine - costs me nowt, and he is a chartered accountant! I don't pay any tax either - only mind PT, and agree, there are plenty of expenses to offset.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?