Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


CM Club: car insurance

2 replies

TheIronLady · 13/01/2007 13:07

Just a quick question; Usually transport my minded children around in a 2 year old car (insured for business use, fully comp) but has major engine problem so quickly purchased another car, from a friend, very, very cheaply and need to get it insured. My problem is that although it has new MOT and is obviously as safe as any car, the market value is less than what it would cost me to get it insured fully comp. If I insured it for Business use, third party fire and theft, would that still cover the minded children? One insurance company told me it would cover them.

OP posts:

shosha · 13/01/2007 13:14

Message withdrawn


ayla99 · 14/01/2007 17:17

This is the cheapest I found:
Ecar Insurance

I always ring/email & double check with the company that I'm covered as a cm.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?