Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


quick question

4 replies

wantaliein · 14/11/2006 23:19

trying to do my accounts for first time , been told I need to pay class 2 NI contributions. Do you put these on your weekly allowable expenses? Yawn- sorry probably been asked 100 times before.

OP posts:

wantaliein · 14/11/2006 23:20

I am a childminder

OP posts:

ayla99 · 15/11/2006 08:14

I was told we're not allowed to put tax or NI as an expense because these are the childminder's personal expenses not the childminding business's expenses.


Katymac · 15/11/2006 08:24

You put them in at the end of the year (if I remember right)


Twoandabump · 15/11/2006 08:33

No, as a childminder you cannot claim them back against tax etc. You just have to pay them!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?