Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


cm club: home insurance & business baanking people??

12 replies

StrawberryMoon · 27/09/2006 19:41

my current b&c insurer wont cover me once i start working!!??? so who uses who???

and business details from abbey coming thru for lifetime free business banking but are these any good?

OP posts:

Katymac · 27/09/2006 19:48

I use NCMA ins - less than m prev insurers

I use a deposit account with NW (I'm not admitting to running a business...all those chqs are just birthday presents)


StrawberryMoon · 27/09/2006 19:50

so are those better than business accounts??

and have emailed ncma last night but not heard back yet?

OP posts:

dmo · 27/09/2006 20:19

i used to have a business account but it cost me to put cheques in and write cheques so i changed to a current account
this is fine as long as you keep your bussiness money and personal money separate


HenniPenni · 27/09/2006 20:21

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

StrawberryMoon · 28/09/2006 13:09

well the abbey has lifetime free banking and no charge for sending recieving cheques etc?

and we have our car ins thru tesco so may give them a try thanks

OP posts:

goldfinger13 · 28/09/2006 13:15

I used to work for the Abbey for 6yrs as a FA. I've found that the Abbey business account is good but you have more flexibility with a normal bankaccount.

If you set a seperate one from your normal account and just use that.

If you want to transfer between the two then it's instant. e.g. paying yourself!!!


StrawberryMoon · 28/09/2006 13:18

thanks for that..i thought you 'had' to have a business account??

OP posts:

goldfinger13 · 28/09/2006 13:21

You HAVE to have a seperate account for the business!!! If inland rev. want to investigate all they want to know if are your records and statements the same and is there an explanation.


StrawberryMoon · 28/09/2006 13:22

so can be normal account, just as long as my house hold bills dont go in/out of same account?!.good thats easier then!

OP posts:

goldfinger13 · 28/09/2006 13:23

Alot of people use normal account for their business!! You have more flexiblity with one anyway. Abbey don't allow for any payments paid in/ out over the counter.
that was the biggest grievience when i was there and was the cause for a lot of people changing accounts. for others that works well so it is up to you.


StrawberryMoon · 28/09/2006 13:25 i would be needeing to pay over they are deff no no then with b.account..thanks for that bit of advice!

OP posts:

goldfinger13 · 28/09/2006 13:27

No problem

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?