My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Live in Nanny How much do I need to pay?

32 replies

Xena · 02/08/2006 15:03

Just that really

OP posts:
Uwila · 02/08/2006 20:36

Hey, don't thinkit isn't done, Xena. I don't believe for a second that all the mumsnetter who claim to be towing the line are either 1- representative of the general nanny employer population or 2- telling the truth.

So, you would just use the same payroll company as your business, but pay her from your personal banl account, and list yourself (not the company) as your employer? If so, that's legal. What nannyk is doing is probably not legal... but I won't tell.

Uwila · 02/08/2006 20:39

DC, are you stalking me?

nannyk · 02/08/2006 20:42

Oh but Uwila we lined the pockets of a very reputable lawyer to get things done "properly" hahahahaha so I must be legal!! Actually the lawyer herself said that compared to the several thousand undocumented workers in this city, I was hardly of importance to anyone other than my employers. Ironically, with a work visa I would pay less tax, so with this visa I am in fact benefitting the system. Now if only the system wasn't so pants........ but thats a whole new thread.....

jura · 03/08/2006 00:14

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Uwila · 03/08/2006 07:55

Hiya Jura. There's a meet-up in Kew on 31 August. Do you want to come? I'll even do a link for you...

Kew meet-up

SANanny · 03/08/2006 09:54

I worked in SW6, 3 children (newborn, 3yr,5yr) hours 7 - 7, live-in, 350nett per week, access to internet, non driver, not a trained nanny but lots of experience

whiffy · 03/08/2006 10:23

I'm outside London in Kent so we pay less here. We have an experienced Ozzie and we pay 230 net for live-in with own apartment and car. Agree with previous posts that antipodeans have much more of a 'can-do' attitude and help out with household stuff as well.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.