My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Do you eat evening meals with your minded children?

4 replies

Amylouise · 12/06/2006 17:24

or do you feed all the kids together and then eat later when they have gone?
Not sure what to do.

OP posts:
LoveMyGirls · 12/06/2006 17:27

im going to eat later when the kids are in bed even tho im starving!

nannynick · 12/06/2006 18:20

When ever possible, I eat with the children... though I do tend to have a small portion, and then have a larger meal later. I think it's good to eat with the children, helps their table manners (well sometimes Wink) and can get them to copy, thus try to eat something new.
However, I think it would depend on how many children you are taking of, and their ages. Could be tricky to feed say 1yr old twins, a 2 year old, a couple of 5 year olds, a 7 year old, plus any number of over 8's!

Katymac · 12/06/2006 18:25

Yep - normally one or other of us eats with the mindees & dd

usually the one who is going out that night

occasinally (usually Friday) we get rid of DD, feed mindees and have an evening to our selves and a grown up meal Grin

ThePrisoner · 12/06/2006 18:36

Having sent 10 children home after a very long day, I am pleased to say that I am looking forward to my evening meal and eating it in peace and quiet!!

Actually, none of mine have an evening meal here anyway, so I can't really answer your question, and my own children are now adults (or so they tell me, just wish they'd behave like them).

I did have children staying for dinner a while ago and, no, I didn't eat with them either because they ate at 5pm, and I still had other mindees here. My parents supply all the meals that mindees have here.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.