My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


lost NNEB certificate - replacement?

13 replies

goldenoldie · 13/05/2006 09:59

I've seen a photocopy of nanny's NNEB certificate.

She said that the awarding body is unable to provide her with a certified copy or another origional as she qualified over 20 years ago.

Is this correct?

OP posts:
nannynick · 13/05/2006 10:49

certificate 20 years old, sounds like it could be right, as may be hard to trace. Has the applicant got a letter from CACHE saying that they could not trace the certificate?

CACHE say:
As a general rule, insist on seeing the original of all certificates and do not accept photocopies. In the event of a candidate losing CACHE certification, we can help provided we know their: Pin number (same as under NNEB)
Name at time of passing
College and year of passing
Date of birth
Contact us on : 01727 818 616

goldenoldie · 13/05/2006 13:16

Thanks NannyNick - I will check with CACHE.

OP posts:
nannynick · 14/05/2006 02:43

You may find that the photocopy certificate plus a letter from CACHE stating that they attempted a trace but could not trace as very old, may be enough for SureStart CAS.
Would need to ask SureStart CAS before paying their fee though. You can call them on 0845 767 8111. They no longer respond to e-mail (is our Government changing their policy regarding communicating with the voteing public?)

grannyjan29 · 21/01/2015 13:21

I would like to get a copy of my NNEB certificate. As I qualified in 1966 the college where I did my course no longer exists. Can you suggest where I can go to get a copy.

Cindy34 · 21/01/2015 14:34

Grannyjan, I would contact CACHE. They were formed out of the old NNEB so will have access to old records with luck. Have a look on the CACHe website for how to contact them about lost certificates.

nannynick · 21/01/2015 20:20

Oh blast from the past (well 2006).

Yes I would do as Cindy suggests, contact CACHE.
CACHE Obtaining Replacement Certificate
I would call or email them using the info at bottom of that webpage to see if they feel you have enough information for them to be able to trace the certificate given when it was issued. It may be in the archive somewhere. If they feel they have that year in archive then it may be worth completing the form and paying the fee.

tshirtsuntan · 22/01/2015 17:10

I couldn't get a copy of mine, 1990 and as they don't do that qualification anymore no records were kept.

Kaylawson · 05/06/2020 08:58

I have tried to replace my NNEB certificate. Cache told me they cant help as it was more than 20 years ago. I have an Email confirming this but I am yet to find anyone who can help with my replacement certificate. Can anyone help?

underneaththeash · 05/06/2020 22:32

Yes, they didn't keep computerised records that long ago. I tried to get one for the nursery that I am a trustee for. (One of our staff wanted to do a higher qualification). They accepted the email though as confirmation.

Blondeshavemorefun · 07/06/2020 12:42

I was told not to lose mine when I passed in 1991 as hard to replace

RedElephants · 19/06/2020 09:21

I qualified in 1988, due to a couple of house moves I've unfortunately managed to lose my certificate too Blush
I was also told that it was too long ago for there to be any records.

So with no proof, of ever having taken the course, it just makes it harder applying for jobs, so approximately 7 yrs ago, at a grand age of 44,
I applied to enrol on the CACHE level 3 CYPW diploma, whilst working as an after school Ofsted Registered Childminder and working part time in a Pre School.
I passed and now work in Primary in Early Years as TA/1-1.

Llouisa1980L · 12/07/2020 16:54

Yes you can get one from cache for £55 (or was that price 6yrs ago). I qualified in 1998

Llouisa1980L · 12/07/2020 18:32

apologies I just saw they do not keep their records from 20yrs ago which mine wasn't when I got my replacement. So my previous could be void

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.