My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

help me with my unsuitable childminder please???

6 replies

leah258 · 04/05/2006 20:19

hope someone can help, am currently using a childminder for my 14 month daughter but she doesn't play with her and leaves her sitting in a ball pond all day, also am being told that she wont eat for her but then comes home screaming for food??? i have found a new one is seems brilliant but the old one wants me to pay her 4 weeks notice but the thought of sending my child there for one more day brings me to tears. any suggestions??? I have tried talking to her but with no joy, really can't seem to get any sense from her?? I know that she is not playing with her because she has told me that she plays in a ball pond all day and there is nothing else written in her diary regarding any other play activities!! I provide her food because I want to know what she is eating but she comes home starving. Have since spoken to Ofsted who have said that they can't help with the contracts but really cant afford to pay both the new and the old CM so am losing time from work!! I am a very upset parent who feels she has no where to turn!!

OP posts:
starlover · 04/05/2006 20:20

i'd think you'll have to pay... but i would put in an official complaint to ofsted as well

jellyjelly · 04/05/2006 20:25

Talking from the other side as a minder i use a diary systme which the parents find to be fantastic and they love it but they cant expect to have every activity written down and they dont. In regards tio the contract is it ncma? Does it say on ther that you have a notice period on it? Normal is about 4 weeks which doesnt include holiday periods.

You might just have to pay and not use the space unless you can prove that she is being negletful which could be quite hard and then you could maybe not pay under breech of contract but as they are legally binding contracts it could be quite hard to prove etc that she isnt providing the care required. Does she go to any groups with her, does she come back with any pictures or any arts stuff (14 months is young though to expect alot of arts)

Does the food come back?

leah258 · 04/05/2006 20:29

I know I can't expect minute to minute of what she is doing but she doesn't take her out, and there are no scribbles coming home, but like you said proving it is going to be another problem all together!!

The food normally comes home not touched, I think sometimes you can tell if it hasn't came out of the foil wrappers!! Sad

OP posts:
Tipex · 04/05/2006 20:39

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Uwila · 05/05/2006 09:47

This doesn't sound like such a terrible atmosphere for your DD. Perhaps not ideal, but I think I would ask the childminder to meet me in the middle for a two week notice period. If she says no, I'd probably bit the bullet and send DD there for the remaining 4 weeks.

What does your contract say? Is it 4 weeks notice? Do youpay her by cash or cheque? Do you think she could be persuaded to let her go sooner if you threaten to report her to ofsted or whoever the appropriate authority is?

HappyMumof2 · 05/05/2006 11:44

I wouldn't send her back. It's obviously horrible and stressful for both of you. How does your dd react to the cm? Do you think she's unkind to her or just dis interested? Does she have any other children there? Maybe you could see what the other parents think.........

If you have signed the contract and it states a 4 week notice period then there's not a lot you can do but pay it - I know it's a pita but it's worth it I would think for your peace of mind and your dd's happiness.

Good Luck.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.