My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

how much to charge for good friday

10 replies

zoeuk1 · 09/04/2006 14:35

i was wondering how much any of you would charge per hour for good friday. a lady has asked me to have her son on friday so i was thinking around £6ph as it is good friday. my husband has to work so i would be at home with my children anyway. what do you think?

OP posts:
HellyBelly · 09/04/2006 14:42

Is it a one off or do you usually have them on Friday's anyway?

In my contracts I say I am available to work on bank hols but they have to pay even if not needed. If I am needed they have to pay me double pay (so would owe the standard rate on top as would have already paid me in advance)

Does that make sense?

zoeuk1 · 09/04/2006 16:35

so really you get paid double time. eg. if your usual rate was £3ph then for bank hols etc you would charge £6ph?
the little boy will be starting with me next week so i havent had him before. i'll obviously tell her that there will be an extra charge for bank hols etc before she signs the contract.

OP posts:
motherinferior · 09/04/2006 16:37

My childminder charges full rate for bank holidays but doesn't work them, FYI. (Which I think is perfectly justifiable.)

Yorkiegirl · 09/04/2006 16:42

I pay full rate for bank holidays but my kids don't go.

myalias · 09/04/2006 17:18

Assuming the lady is working herself on good friday and it's likely she will be paid double time. It's only fair that you should be paid double time also. My previous childminder had a double time charge for bank holidays and this was stated in the contract.

HellyBelly · 09/04/2006 17:18

If I am not prepared to work them then I don't charge. I have asked the parents on Friday and Monday's mindees if they need me and they've said no. If I was working, they are aware they have to pay me double (my hourly rate is £3.50 so it would be £7 an hour). I do this more as a put off as obviously I'd prefer not to work. I certainly wouldn't miss my extra family time for anything less! There is a section on the NCMA contracts that mentions bank hols!

nzshar · 09/04/2006 17:19

I dont charge for bank holidays but i make it clear i dont work on them either. If in an emergency I was needed i would charge double time on a per hour basis IYKWIM.

lunavix · 09/04/2006 22:04

I charge normal rate for BH but don't work (as the parents get paid and don't work why shouldn't I?) and ask for double if requested to work.

anniemac · 10/04/2006 13:00

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

diddle · 10/04/2006 14:13

I used to charge double fees for children who attended on bank holidays and singel fee for those that were contracted but didn't attend.

Since then i have changed my policy and no longer work Bank Holidays at all. Its lovely having the time off with DH, and also having a long weekend.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.