Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


Childminders Club: Childcare Tax Credits

0 replies

Tan1959 · 03/01/2006 23:18

I have just agreed to take on 3 month old baby for 4 days pw but the couple (dad in work and mum at uni) have not yet applied for Child Tax Credits, she will need me to put my registration number on her form that she is sending off which she is bringing round this week. I am a bit concerned as I always ask for payment in advance (1 month) but couple said they were applying for CTC - do both parents have to be working to receive it? are they likely to get 70% of childcare as mum at uni? I know it is not supposed to be my worry but I am just trying to decided whether to insist on payment up front (in which case I may lose the placement) or to go with it and hope for the best....

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?