Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.


Health insurance for AuPairs in the UK

4 replies

Nightynight · 15/11/2005 15:11

How does it work?
If they are European citizens, are they automatically eligible for NHS care or do you have to buy a private policy?
OK, E111 covers for emergency care, what about non-emergency stuff?

If they are non-European citizens, what do you do?

OP posts:

Nightynight · 15/11/2005 19:02


what do you do when your aupairs fall sick???

OP posts:

baublerock · 15/11/2005 19:07

I registered our aupair with our GP I just had to fill out a form, can't remember what form it was but ask your surgery. Not sure about non eu - I'd assume they would need insurance, I didn't look into non eu girls because it seemed like too much hassle with permits etc..


Nightynight · 15/11/2005 19:12

thank you baublerock. Sounds as though they get it on residence grounds, then. I am not sure if our current prospective AuPair is German or Turkish, and some time will be spent in UK.

OP posts:

uwila · 18/11/2005 14:02

My nanny is Canadian. She does not need any special insurance, just registered with the GP when she got here.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?