My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Same child new problem

23 replies

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 22:37

Same child with the eating and stomach problems.

Basically goverment pays her childcare whilst she is in school and she has to attend its the law but the gov doesnt have to pay her childcare.

Anyway they come 4 days a week and i have a school run so have to leave at 830 each morning.

Monday they didnt turn up or call me at all so i left to do my daytime activities.

Tueday they came early

Thursday they were 2 mins before i was due to leave
Friday they didnt call and i got a call from the learning officer at 6pm.

Today they didnt turn up again with no call and they dad couldnt be bothered to come down the 20 houses and tellme.

Now we have scheduled a meeting and i am not sure if i should threaten to give notice as they could lose their funding.

I saw them tonight and they didnt apologise or anything just that i should blame the dad for not turning up as he went to sleep whilst looking after the kid.

I dont know what to do now, seem to be in a stuck situation.

thanks

ps this is not the first time they have mucked me around.

OP posts:
katymac · 14/11/2005 22:41

At the meeting you need to discuss how important it is that she arrives on time and make it a condition of remaining at your setting

Is anyone else attending your meeting?
Network co-ordinator, social worker?

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 22:43

I have told them as has the coordinator that he has to bring down said child at correct time or tell me or post a letter through the door if they are not coming.

Have also explained that i pay from groups and make good food for child before each setting which ten get wasted etc.

Their guardians and the coordinator will be their also.

OP posts:
katymac · 14/11/2005 22:45

So you have warned them

I don't think you have much choice then

Do you need the money - or would you rather not have the hassle?

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 22:50

I do need the money as it is a full time space used, have given them lots of warnings but dont know if i have been strict enough. They know that they will lose the space.

OP posts:
katymac · 14/11/2005 22:51

What about writing down the situation

Making her sign (again I know)

Final written warning (maybe?)

not much help

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 22:53

I know that the child ould have to go back to mil which wouldnt be such a good situation (lots of children, thats all) but i dont want to give up on her but i also dont want to land them in it.

OP posts:
katymac · 14/11/2005 22:55

Hang on are you a social worker?

Or a professional competant entreprenure (sp)?

You have to do what's right for you

Not for her or her child

agalch · 14/11/2005 22:55

hi jellyjelly
a parent gave me notice end of october,paid me 4 weeks notice,came back for 3 days at beginning of november and said on the friday she would ring and let me know when her next shift was. guess what? i'm still waiting to hear,phoned her numerous times so i could make plans for activities,no response so i just go out every day anyway.i know it's not the same situation but the not letting you know whats going on drives you crazy doesn't it??

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 22:58

Thankyou, i dont know why but i feel guilty (have always felt guilt)even though i have done nothing wrong. It might be because they are in an awful situation and i like helping.

It seems that the last few children/parents have been a mare. Perhaps i might only take children that are good sleepers/eaters.

OP posts:
agalch · 14/11/2005 23:00

do you mind if i ask how long u have been minding jellyjelly?

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 23:01

Since the begining of the year. I dont mind you asking but why?

OP posts:
agalch · 14/11/2005 23:04

i have been minding for about 10 years and i used to feel awful if things didn't go right.i always felt desperatly sorry for the kids(not good home life etc).but you have to realise (as i did) that you can't take on the whole worlds problems,so please don't feel guilty

katymac · 14/11/2005 23:05

SO true - I'm only just learning that

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 23:05

thankyou, it always makes me feel better to talk to others and that i am not being a cow!

OP posts:
agalch · 14/11/2005 23:07

you are doing your best in a really difficult situation,i have been there and done that.it sounds like i'm being hard faced i know but these kids are not your problem,your job is to provide quality care and not to be a surrogate parent

jellyjelly · 14/11/2005 23:10

Thanks again, i have my own littleone to mother. I think next time i want to get involved with a project i might think twice.

Will have the meeting and tell them if they give me anymore jip i will be issuing notice.

OP posts:
agalch · 14/11/2005 23:12

have you asked your development officer to attend meeting with you? some back up might be good. how old is your lo?

jellyjelly · 15/11/2005 07:28

ds is 2 1/2 and yes she will be there to discuss as she is not happy

OP posts:
agalch · 15/11/2005 08:14

glad you'll have some support at the meeting.be interesting to see how you get on.good luck

HellyBelly · 15/11/2005 10:04

Good luck Jelly, when's the meeting? I'd still do what I said about the vacancies with CIS just so the calls keep coming - just as a backup in case you do give notice!

H x

p.s. did your page yesterday - will email you later, just off out now.

jellyjelly · 15/11/2005 10:26

The meeting is tomorrow evening with all of them. I have also started to readvertise with cis and thanks for the page.

OP posts:
jellyjelly · 15/11/2005 18:33

Had the child todayand he didnt have breakfast this morning but at least i was toldabout it when questioning. Still didnt get an apology about it though.

OP posts:
katymac · 16/11/2005 07:37

Good luck tonite

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.