Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Elective C-section - can you request a specific midwife?

Ghost88 · 13/05/2022 10:53

Hi all
not sure if anyone will know, but 2 years ago when I had my first baby (traumatic assisted vaginal birth) I mentioned to the midwife that that I was never having anymore children due to being traumatised, she made a comment ‘have a c section next time and ask for me - I can be your midwife again’
I didn’t think too much into it as was adamant I was done having kids.

as luck would have it, I am pregnant again, consultant has said we can have c section this time but I wondered if I could actually request the same midwife that delivered my first baby?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dyra · 13/05/2022 11:42

It can never hurt to ask. Your community midwife will be able to give you a better idea of how feasible it is for your trust.

While my head says it's unlikely, my heart really hopes they can sort something for you.

Please
or

tealandteal · 13/05/2022 11:46

It can’t harm to ask, although prepare yourself she may have moved hospitals, changed role, retired etc or even just be on annual leave when your section is scheduled. That said, I had a community midwife for all my appointments with my DS 5 years ago and I have the same midwife this time. However she wasn’t the one who delivered my DS and it is unlikely she will be on shift when I go in to labour this time.

Please
or

donchafeellikecrying · 13/05/2022 13:06

I'd say unlikely sorry. Midwifery is already chronically understaffed

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.