Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your chickens, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

I am Super Mummy...

TheDuchessOfNorksBride · 07/07/2008 20:56

because today DD2 & me took chicks into Pre-School for show & tell. (And I did the same for Reception & Year 1 back in June).

There was a dicey moment when 'Dowdy Craft Mother' closed in brandishing some leftover fabric but I KO'd her by asking the children to name the chicks.

So I was todays favourite mummy.

OP's posts:
Please
or

OomphreyCushion · 07/07/2008 20:58

(Did the children actually vote though? They do so love felt, you know!)

Please
or

MaloryIsCrossWithJohnnie · 07/07/2008 20:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

TheDuchessOfNorksBride · 07/07/2008 21:13

humph - the children voted with their feet - they swarmed around me and my chirping champions and left fabric-woman all alone!!!

I'm sure they enjoyed her efforts after I'd left though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

OomphreyCushion · 07/07/2008 21:18

Nah, sounds like you won hands down.

Please
or

tortoiseSHELL · 07/07/2008 21:49

pmsl

Please
or

BronzeNemesis · 07/07/2008 21:51

:D I have this to come. My incubators at ds2s playgroup with my next lot of meat bird chicks in it. ( I havnt told them I'll eat them). they'll be cute and fluffy and hopefully my overlooked ds2 will get loads of attention.

Please
or

MehgaLegs · 08/07/2008 11:10

LOL - I took a basket of chicks into DS3's reception class back in April when they were still tiny the same day another mum brought her new puppy in. There were gaggles of children running from one end of the pg to the other. I said "Ha! I trump your puppy with my basket of chicks." She took it quite well.

Please
or

TheDuchessOfNorksBride · 08/07/2008 14:28

mega - arf @ competitive animals! The chicks I took in were only a week old so still very fluffy.

My 7 weeks olds are huge by comparison, I wouldn't get many of those into the basket. How are your Sassos'? Are they still free-range or are they in the freezer?

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.