Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your chickens, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Outing bad Ebay seller.

Callisto · 21/06/2008 16:47

I bought some eggs from Sycamore Farms recently and despite asking for a refund on porous eggs that had no chance of being fertile the seller refused. Negative feedback has been left, just wanted to let you all know so that you can avoid in the future.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NutterlyUts · 21/06/2008 17:02

Eggs on ebay is notoriously dodgy I have to say but name noted.

I'm hoping to get my motley crew from practical poultry

Please
or

Callisto · 21/06/2008 17:05

Or Motley Crue - you could name them after the band members. Nicki Sixx, Mick Mars etc...

OP's posts:
Please
or

NutterlyUts · 21/06/2008 17:14

LOL

Please
or

motherhurdicure · 21/06/2008 17:19

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Callisto · 21/06/2008 20:00

I was going to post on your thread, MH, but thought it best to keep it for the good eggs, so to speak.

I would love you to hound the person but my more mature side thinks it would be best not to, particularly since I have been fairly cutting in a reply to her response to my leaving her negative feedback (iyswim). She started shouting and called me a coward and 'abnoxious'. Hilarious.

OP's posts:
Please
or

motherhurdicure · 21/06/2008 20:06

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Callisto · 21/06/2008 20:24

Have you tried going to an auction? The local livestock auction near us sells lots of hatching eggs as well as poultry and seem very reasonable. The auction is held monthly and is pretty busy so I should think there are lots around the rest of the country. Might be worth checking out?

OP's posts:
Please
or

NutterlyUts · 21/06/2008 21:19

as I said, i'm getting mine from various people on practical poultry and am paying from just postage to £2 per 1/2 dozen. We have no poulty auctions etc here, so I'm limited to what people have, or what I can order in. And what people have here is limited (and dare I say it, inbred)

Please
or

motherhurdicure · 21/06/2008 23:53

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Callisto · 22/06/2008 09:39

Another option is a day out at the nearest rare breeds centre (there seem to be lots dotted around the country) and take some eggs home with you? We have done this too. There are rare breed chicken breeders near Ludlow and Redditch that I know of, also near Cirencester and a breeder, Fosters Poultry, (not somewhere you can go for the day) in Gloucester. I'm sure some of these will post too, though I don't know how cost effective it is.

OP's posts:
Please
or

cluttercup · 22/06/2008 09:42

Motherhurdicure - where's your thread on good egg sellers? I've had some good hatch rates with Kirsty Fern's eggs from Hens4homes.

Please
or

motherhurdicure · 22/06/2008 10:48

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Callisto · 22/06/2008 12:25

Go on, out the bad eggs.

OP's posts:
Please
or

motherhurdicure · 23/06/2008 16:28

Message withdrawn

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.