Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your chickens, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

This may be a silly question....

Yorky · 04/11/2013 15:08

...but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I have a water 'bowl' for the chickens which is circular with an upturned bucket in the middle (not a great description but I'm sure you'll know what I mean as they seem to be the most common type.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to stop them kicking the dirt (they've mullered their grass) from their floor into the bit they're supposed to drink from? Would I be better getting one which clips onto the netting at the side of the run?

Thank you wise Chicken keepers :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pixel · 04/11/2013 17:43

We stood ours on a paving slab which helps a bit as it's higher up. When I can find another slab I'll raise it up some more. They can still reach it easily enough.

Please
or

Bramblesinforrin · 04/11/2013 17:52

As pixel said. Mine clips on to the side now for the same reason.

Aren't we here just to provide things for them to stand on and poo in though?

Please
or

Yorky · 04/11/2013 19:39

I'm beginning to realise that Brambles Grin
Will keep my eyes open for paving slabs

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hazelbrowneyes · 05/11/2013 13:19

Paving slap here too but they still kick dirt in it. Ours has feet as well and it's still full of mud. I'm thinking of getting one that clips on to the side as well but no matter how clean their water is, they still prefer to drink out of a bloody muddy puddle!

Please
or

GaryTheTankEngine · 05/11/2013 13:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?