Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Rear/Forward Seat for 4 year old

MummBRaaarrrTheEverLeaking · 21/04/2022 17:37

DD is currently around 17.5kg, 104 cm and in a maxi cosi 2way pearl, which she's forward facing in and has been for about a year.

I was looking at the Britax Kidfix isize next, but after some research if possible I'd like to get her rear facing again. I may have a battle on my hands however, she's willful when she wants to be and I don't want to spend money on a rear facing only seat only for screaming tantrums every time we get in the car. I can see DH saying "look, we tried but she's not having it, let it go", and I'll be mean mummy who pissed money up the wall on a car seat she won't get in.

Seeing as the 2 way pearl can be FF or RF I thought there's bound to be a FF and RF model I can find for her age and then we have the choice. Is there heck! I've looked and looked and any RF/FF decent ones state only RF until 18kg. It's either ERF or FF stages or booster.

In an ideal world I'd want a 5 point rear facing that can turn into a FF 3 point booster, but such a thing doesn't seem to exist. I wanted to post on the Car Safety Advice facebook group but they've turned off posting.

Any help please 🙏

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 04/05/2022 21:54

No it doesn't exist unfortunately.

Britax Multi Tech 3 might be an option? It's rear facing up to 25kg but it can also be used forward facing as it's like the Britax Evolva. The harness limit when forward facing is only 18kg so it would need to be a high backed booster, and it's not an isofix booster which is apparently a bit of an issue as it's heavy, and heavy boosters can in theory push the child further forwards in a crash than is ideal. Also, you would need to replace it with another booster seat when she gets to 25kg. But it would solve your immediate issue, if you're OK with the fact it's a heavier booster.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.