Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Head slump maxi cosi 360

Hsmum21 · 06/04/2022 07:53

Hi all,

DS has recently gone up to stage 2 car seat and we bought the maxi cosi 360. He's 8 months old so the seat is still facing backwards and we have the seat on its full recline, however, when DS falls asleep in it his head slumps forward which is really worrying. Everytime I have to pull over and readjust his head so it's resting back in the head rest.

Is this dangerous and how can we avoid it happening again?

TIA X

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 06/04/2022 07:55

That happens sometimes if your Isofix points are low down in the car and the seat doesn't have much of a recline. Is it the pearl 360 that you have or the mica or Axissfix? Did it come with any inserts?

Please
or

PurpleSwizzle · 06/04/2022 09:12

Yes, unfortunately with Isofix there’s not much wiggle room in terms of seat adjustment to help with Headflop. Adjusting inserts may help

Please
or

Hsmum21 · 06/04/2022 09:15

We have the mica, yes there are inserts but he's way too big to use them. Not sure what else to do it worries me sick when it happens xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 06/04/2022 09:48

Oh the mica insert is useless because it's so chunky so there's a huge difference between with and without. He'll probably fit it better at about a year old, not that that is much use to you. Some of the shops in Germany say you can buy the pearl insert separately and use that but maxi Cosi UK never seem to have heard of this.

Please
or

cupofdecaf · 06/04/2022 11:06

I find if you make sure their bum is pulled down properly this is less likely to happen.

Please
or

PartyPlan · 06/04/2022 11:07

This happens to my DC in their car seat too.

Please
or

BertieBotts · 06/04/2022 13:34

@cupofdecaf

I find if you make sure their bum is pulled down properly this is less likely to happen.

This works in seats which have a slope, like infant carriers or the 0-4 years seats when they still have the insert in. But the style of this seat without the insert is quite upright and designed for children who can sit unaided, which means you can't really pull their bum forwards as you'll make a big gap at the back of the seat.

It's poor headrest design really, aside from the lack of recline. There are more upright seats for older children where the headrest supports the head well for sleep and they will be able to rest it to the side but with this kind of slopey round headrest it just pushes them forwards and it will flop.

Apparently it's not dangerous for children over 6 months old and certainly it won't matter if it's happening for a short time, but I don't like it, most parents are concerned by it, I would definitely try to avoid it if possible.
Please
or

Caspianberg · 12/05/2022 13:23

We have the maxi cosi mica and the insert was too small by 2 months for large Ds. But then his head moved everywhere. We ended up buying a maxi cosi Pearl insert to use for a few months.

I would have bought a newborn seat I think otherwise, but it was lockdown so we didn’t really go anywhere

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.