Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Car seat for 10 month old...help please

Theexplorer · 01/04/2022 18:45

We are really undecided on a car set for our 10 month old. He is currently in a maxi Cosi marble but it is getting heavy for carrying now. He is 75th centile for length, 25th for weight, so will outgrow any seats by length before weight limits are reached.

I'm undecided on how important a 360 degree spin is although I feel it may be more convenient and easier to get him in the car. If we were to choose a spin seat, I would choose between a britax romer dualfix (not sure which), Joie 360 ispin or are their any others you would recommend?

However, if we were to opt for ERF that doesn't spin, I think we would go for an axkid minikid or britax romer seat.

Thoughts/advice welcome. I'm totally confused but just want a seat that is safe and comfortable.
Thanks for reading

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 02/04/2022 10:21

I think it depends if you want this seat to last him until booster age or you are happy to buy a second harnessed seat later on assuming his growth doesn't slow down.

The other question is whether you're committed/happy to rear face for the whole time or whether you think you'd prefer to change to forward facing later on.

In terms of ease of getting them in both of the options are good, the 25kg ERF seats are a bit lower in the car with open sides so much easier than the bucket-type seats of the spin types.

Why not go to a shop that stocks some of the models you like and compare them? This is much more useful IME than scouring lists of features online.

Please
or

Theexplorer · 02/04/2022 11:30

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm happy to buy another harnessed seat in the future if that's the route we go down, that wouldn't be a problem.

I think I would like him to rear face for as long as possible due to the increased safety of it.

I love quote remotely so I'm trying to get clued up before I travel a few hours to go to the shop....there's only one car seat stockist within 3 hours of where I live. I'll get armed with info and then go and try them out I think.

I will also have to get one for my parents car, so mind end up with a mix of car seats

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleSwizzle · 05/04/2022 21:26

I would recommend 25kg seats all the way, safest time Rear Facing possible. The Axkid move and Britax max way plus are on offer right now, Minikid has discounts too. Once they’re big enough they can just climb in!

Please
or

voxnihili · 06/04/2022 05:29

I bought a cybex Sirona for my daughter which she went into at 11 months. She is tall though and had outgrown it by 2.5. I wanted to keep her rear facing so went for a Britax Max Way Plus. To be honest I love the Britax (25kg seat) and wish I’d just gone for that in the first place. I don’t miss the spin at all.

Please
or

Caspianberg · 06/04/2022 05:39

I really like the spin function. If you have a small car it really helps I think.

We have used the maxi cosi mica since birth. Ds is nearly 2, he’s 95+% for height and nowhere near outgrowing. Bought as it had good safety, well known brand and reasonable price

Please
or

autienotnaughty · 06/04/2022 06:06

Rear facing was important to me as so much safer if you have an accident. We rear faced until ds was 4. We have a joie, it goes upto 7 years. He's six now and it's still in great condition .

Please
or

PurpleSwizzle · 06/04/2022 09:15

If anyone is looking to buy 18kg or 25kg seats, I got 10% off at //www.littlesproutscsa.co.uk with code RETURN. They have max way plus on offer for £249 plus another 10% off! Aftercare is great too and free delivery ☺️

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.