Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Britax or Maxi Cosi?

GrumpyGoose · 24/07/2017 08:15

FTM with baby on the way in a couple of months. Looking at the 0 size infant carriers and need to pick one that fits our pram so our options are limited to Britax and Maxi Cosi. Anyone with a preference for either? I kind of get the impression babies can grow out of Maxi Cosi fairly quickly and someone once implied that Britax would be better for bigger babies (which is relevant because I could very likely have a whopping chunk of a baby)

Options are;

BéBé Confort® Pebblep
Maxi-Cosi® Cabriofix
Maxi-Cosi® Pebble
Maxi-Cosi® Pebble Plus

And

Britax-Römer® Baby Safe Plus II
Britax-Römer® Baby Safe Plus SHR II

OP's posts:
Please
or

GrumpyGoose · 24/07/2017 08:15

Thanks Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kimber2 · 24/07/2017 20:52

I would go for the Britax over Maxi cost as it has got Pivot Link system to reduce forward movement and can be found at affordable price ranges.

Please
or

MeltorPeltor · 24/07/2017 20:56

It depends what fits in your car, take it to a professional fitter and work back from there.

Please
or

GrumpyGoose · 24/07/2017 21:34

According to their websites all of the above will fit the car though we will be popping out to confirm as well, just seeing if there's any I should consider striking off my list first Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kimber2 · 26/07/2017 21:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

GrumpyGoose · 26/07/2017 21:25

@Kimber2 thanks but I'm looking at size 0 infant carrier and one that will fit on my pram such as the ones I've listed.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.