My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Our UK Camping forum has all the information you need on finding the right equipment for your tent or caravan.

Camping

How to dry towels and stuff in a tent

11 replies

RedBlanket · 15/07/2012 08:13

How do you get stuff like towels dry? I have got a clothes rack which I use at home that folds flat so
I could take that, but I'm wondering if there's any ingenious camping gadget I haven't yet got.

We're going to a site with a pool this year so the towels will get used a fair bit. I have pegged them to the guy ropes before now, but if it rains I'm not sure what to do with them other than the tumble dryer in the laundry (if there is one).

OP posts:
sassytheFIRST · 15/07/2012 08:21

If there is any sun, dry towels in the car.

RedBlanket · 15/07/2012 08:34

I hadn't thought about that.
if there's sun... We're going to Wales in 2 weeks so it's not looking promising

OP posts:
troutpout · 15/07/2012 09:37

In car works well. Strung across porch of tent also. We also have just got a drying rack.
I think the key thing is to only take microfibre / thin towels. we got our from Aldi a few years back... Worth getting if you see them in there.

Zippylovesgeorge · 15/07/2012 09:45

We drape ours over the carseats at night - seem to dry even in the worst weather.

I've started to replace our towels with the thin super quick drying type - well worth it.

poppyboo · 15/07/2012 12:41

Get microfiber towels, they'll dry so quickly in the back of the car if need be. Trying to dry regular towels would be a nightmare I think.

Frog253 · 15/07/2012 13:10

I've not had a holiday that I can remember that didn't have some sort of drying issue, even in good weather you might be limited by drying space on whatever gadget you take anyway. Your clothes rack sounds good. Also some string tied between a couple of chairs say might help (take clothes pegs). I've seen people (attempt to) dry clothes on their tent guy ropes.

But take plenty of silver esp 20p pieces for the tumble drier if you need it (hopefully there'll be one there).

Like the car idea, will use that.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo · 15/07/2012 13:35

i just got the two for fifteen quid microfibre ones from decathlon, good to hear it was the right thing to do. i reckon they'll make nice blankets as well.

professorpoopsnagle · 15/07/2012 13:39

We have a camping airer from Aldi for about £15 which has been invaluable. It's liek the minky rotary airers but free standing and also folds down relatively small. We try to leave it outside where possible to air towels/dry clothes but can stick it inside the tent overnight or if we are off site if needed.

If you have EHU, lakeland do do a heated airer but think this would be better for caravans or a trailer tent, it folds down quite flat but has a large footprint when folded.

Piffpaffpoff · 15/07/2012 17:43

Microfibre towels and dry them in the car. We got ours from mountain warehouse in an apparently never-ending BOGOF.

RedBlanket · 15/07/2012 19:06

I had been considering microfiber towels but was put off as they looked like chamois leather amd we're used to big fluffly bath sheets l have another look at them.
Lakeland heated airer - Im not exactly the wild camping sort but I think that's even a bit too much for camping even for me. Grin

OP posts:
Migsy1 · 15/07/2012 23:23

The smaller Lakeland one would fold flat and fit in a car www.lakeland.co.uk/21873/Dry-Soon-2-Tier-Heated-Tower-Airer

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.