I've have a negative experience with eBF my 5 week old. (No milk for 8 days, 2 x TT snips, thrush & now extremely painful mastitis). I'm absolutely exhausted with BF.
My LO still doesn't latch well despite loads of support - she just hasn't learned how to bring her tongue down following her second TT snip therefore she crunches on my nipples & is on/off literally all day & night. I can't leave the house it's so consuming.
I know breast milk is best and I feel extreme guilt but I've decided to try mix feeding, if this is even possible? If so, where on earth do I begin?!
If ideally like to FF during day & BF during night if this is possible? I can't express much & tbh just don't have the energy for expressing anymore I feel that run down so formula it is.
My questions are:
- Is mixed feeding possible?
2. Is it possible to FF day & BF night?
3. How do I go about it (I have mastitis and just started antibiotics)
4. What is the absolute BEST formula I can get (I know they're all shite compared to breast)
5. What are the best bottles/teats for this scenario, nipple like, for a LO who has trouble sucking.
Please don't judge me this has been a really hard decision but I'm so down over how hard & painful it is.