My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get advice and support with infant feeding from other users here.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Infant feeding

9 weeks pp, is it too late to breastfeed?

5 replies

LONC2012 · 28/10/2015 18:45

Hi all,
I breastfed my baby for the first 11 days and after a extremely hard time I gave up and went onto formula.
My boobs are still leaking from time to time and I think I'd like to give it another go but is it too late?

Any advice would be great

X

OP posts:
OffMyAyersRocker · 28/10/2015 18:48

Hi OP, I'd get this moved to infant feeding. You'll get better support there.

Sorry l can't answer your question.

Diddlydokey · 28/10/2015 18:50

You just have to let it go. There is re lactation but it's an extreme undertaking and the time and commitment is just too much imo.

Enjoy your baby and do not beat yourself up. Most babies are ff and thrive on it.

DawnMumsnet · 28/10/2015 20:52

Hi there,

We're moving this thread over to our Infant Feeding topic so the OP will get a bit more advice and support. Flowers

K1mberly · 28/10/2015 20:53

Bumping for you until an expert comes along

MigGril · 28/10/2015 21:07

Diddly that's a bit unfair if OP wants support with this then why not.

You feed for the first 11 days so your milk came in and you still have milk so yes you could try again it's not to late. It would be very hard and time consuming to establish exclusive breastfeeding. But there is nothing tosayyou couldn't at least try some breastfeeding.

Some good real life help would be a good place to start. Try and find out what breastfeeding support there is in your area your HV should know. Our contact someone like the NCT or BfN breastfeeding support helpline.

In the mean lots of skin to skin contact with your baby allowing them access to your breast. and a good read of the kellymom.com website section on relactation. Should be really useful.

But also go easy on yourself if you had a hard time and it didn't work initially then don't put to much pressure on yourself. Think of it as a bonus if it does work out and if not enjoy all those extra lovely cuddles with your baby.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.