When to tell your boss

Bikbikmum · 20/10/2019 13:35

That you are pregnant :)

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

LittleMrsMama · 25/11/2019 17:33

I'm thinking this too at the moment. I've got terrible morning sickness so want to tell her straight away (I'm only 6 weeks), but equally being considered for a new job as part of a restructure and think it could impact my chances (I'm sure they'd cover it up well enough that I won't be able to prove it though!)

My view generally is 12 weeks is reasonable if you can wait that long and don't need to tell them sooner. I also think its polite to tell the boss before you put it on social media and announce to other colleagues

Please
or

Bikbikmum · 25/11/2019 21:24

I have told both Hr and my director today. They both thank me for giving them plenty of notice period (am 9 +2) so that they can plan ahead. Also I dont need to lie for my appointments now. I feel relieved. I strongly recommend :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bikbikmum · 25/11/2019 21:25

Ps. I had early pregnancy scan so I didnt need to wait for dating scan.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jr1988 · 10/12/2019 19:58

I told mine quite early on but I work in a hospital so some limitations as to what I could/ couldn't do! She's been great at keeping it confidential and it's meant I had time given for midwife appointment etc!

Please
or

elldog6 · 19/12/2020 08:48

I told mine at 9 weeks because I have had 3 appointments already and had another coming up and also I'm aware I'm being really tired, irratible and sick at work.

He has said previously that he doesn't want any of the women to get pregnant so I was absolutely terrified but I am very happy it's finally out if the way!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.