Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Losing my daughter

eedsmk · 10/06/2022 13:32

I lost my daughter called Violet at 15 weeks last week and gave birth to her sleeping. I’ve been really struggling with getting to grips with life again. I just feel numb and no one relates to me which I know isn’t true. Was wondering if anyone had been through the same and could give me some advice or how they got to cope with their loss?

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheVanguardSix · 10/06/2022 13:47

I am so terribly sad and sorry you have been through such a tragic ordeal.

If it's a stillbirth, SANDS is amazing. www.sands.org.uk/

If it's a TMFR due to a chromosomal abnormality and you made a difficult decision not to continue with the pregnancy (it's a bereavement all the same and a heartbreaking loss), then the ARC forum is invaluable. www.arc-uk.org/for-parents/arc-forum/

I found being among other kindred spirits totally healing as I walked my own path of grief. Time heals wounds and time is an ally. But time takes its time. And you need handholds along the way.

In my own case, time, going on to have another child, travel to where my family originated, prayer, dog walks, again lots of prayers, meditation, crying, and more crying... more dog walks, learning to live with an angel... these are a few of the things that helped feed my lost soul.
Peace will find you. 💐

Please
or

Tomselleckhaskindeyes · 10/06/2022 13:51

15 weeks is still very early in your grief. It can feel overwhelming. Break your day into moments of time to get through. I think also some bereavement counselling may help. I am so sorry about Violet. She was special and loved.

Please
or

eedsmk · 10/06/2022 15:07

Thank you so much for your kind words

OP's posts:
Please
or

eedsmk · 10/06/2022 15:12

Thank you so much for the information you have provided. ❤️ Really appreciate all of your lovely words

OP's posts:
Please
or

user1487194234 · 10/06/2022 15:12

Am sorry for the loss of Violet
From one who knows,it is very very early days
Just do what you need to do to get to get through

Please
or

eedsmk · 10/06/2022 21:35

❤️🥹 thank you so much

OP's posts:
Please
or

Thedogissnoringagain · 10/06/2022 21:46

So sorry to hear this. You chose such a pretty name for your daughter. Do you have a garden where you can create a little area to plant some violets and sit and think about her there?

Please
or

thelastshadowpuppet · 15/06/2022 00:15

I am so sorry op.

Violet is such a beautiful name, I smiled when I read it.

I wish you and your family the very best for the future. You will carry Violet in your hearts forever.

All my love x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.