Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Struggling with Mums death

CherryChara · 04/06/2022 23:04

I lost my Mum nearly a year ago, she was young and it was a sudden and unexpected death. We were best friends and saw each other nearly every day and she was just such a huge part of my life.

I just feel so bleak and like there isn't a point to anything, I have young DC so need to carry on as normal for them but it's so hard.

I was the one that found her which makes it harder, was such a shock and I don't think I will ever get over it. Special days like birthdays, mother's Day bring it all back and with her memoriam coming up it's all playing over my mind again.

I miss her so much and I also miss the future we would have had.

OP's posts:
Please
or

stickybear · 04/06/2022 23:20

I'm sorry, offering a handhold Flowers. I lost my mum a few months ago and feel an almost overwhelming sense of loneliness, even though I'm always busy with two small DC. My mum was my best friend too, and I still find myself picking up my phone to text her whenever I see something that would've made her smile, or to see if I've had a text from her. I know what you mean about missing the future you would have had with her too. I find it so difficult seeing other mums my age out with their kids and their own mums, and it makes me so sad that my sons won't have that relationship with my mum. It's rubbish isn't it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.