Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Dads birthday today

emmaluggs · 26/05/2022 19:33

Dads 2nd birthday since he passed. I hate it, he was so difficult to buy for I wish I could still spend hours finding the right present. I hate that my 2 children have no living memory of him, I hate the way he died, I hate his last week. Just feel a massive ball of rage today at the universe.

OP's posts:
Please
or

mdh2020 · 26/05/2022 19:40

I’m sorry you feel so bad. It will get easier. Light a candle for him. My DD died before the GC were born but we have always talked about him and how he influenced me and what he enjoyed doing. Ive even been asked what I do when I go to visit his grave. I always say ‘I tell him about you’.

Please
or

anotherdisaster · 05/06/2022 13:38

I'm so very sorry. I just lost mine this week and I'm already sad thinking it would have been his birthday next month.

Please
or

Babdoc · 05/06/2022 13:50

My DC lost their dad, my much loved DH, when they were both still in nappies, so have no memories of him.
But when they found me crying on what would have been his second birthday after his death, and I explained why I was sad, they promptly sat down to make him a birthday card, and blew kisses up to heaven for him. Their sweet, funny gesture eased a lot of the pain - perhaps you could find something to do with your own DC to commemorate your dad, that would be a comfort to you?
In my church, the minister always makes a pastoral visit on difficult times like the anniversary of a bereavement, and perhaps you could contact yours to come and listen to you talk about your dad, then pray with you? It is very comforting and often releases the grief and anger by turning them to healing tears.
You will get through this sad day, and I hope things gradually get more bearable for you with the passing of time.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.