Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

13 month old not pulling up to stand

SJR83 · 09/06/2022 10:08

Hi all,
Not sure if I’m over worrying but my 13 month old son isn’t yet pulling up to stand and isn’t interested in trying to walk at all. He doesn’t crawl but rolls everywhere and doesn’t yet go from laying to a sitting position himself. He does get around by rolling though and looks like he’s trying to get up on his hands and knees.
All the other babies we know of a similar age are taking their first steps so it’s hard not to compare! What are other peoples experiences? Thank you x

OP's posts:
Please
or

AfterGlow87 · 10/06/2022 10:20

Hi,
My baby is the very same! Just 13 months corrected as he was born 2 months early. He’s a bum shuffler and an army crawler! Not pulling to stand or anywhere near walking and also can’t go from lying to sitting although he is trying. I did see my paediatrician who said he’s progressing ok and that sometimes boys and bum shufflers are later to walk. They don’t get worried until 18 months. Is your baby very tall? My baby is in the 95th centile for height so I also think that’s contributing

Please
or

Moonshine160 · 10/06/2022 21:11

Hi. My DS (now 3) couldn’t sit up unaided or roll from back to front until he was nearly 11 months old, pulled himself to stand and crawled at 14 months then walked soon after at 16 months.

I was soooo worried at the time but he was just a bit lazy! It’ll happen all of a sudden I’m sure.

Please
or

ohhollyfred · 10/06/2022 22:16

I would definitely speak to your health visitor as you might benefit from seeing a physio.

My daughter was similar and she as hypermobility (low muscle tone) basically is very wobbly. She has had to have physio to learn to crawl and transition in and out of sitting. Still not walking but we have just got some orthotic shoes to help her as stabilise.

It's nothing to worry about but it would be classed as delayed motor skills

X

Please
or

SJR83 · 13/06/2022 14:20

Thanks all! He starts nursery next week so will see if he starts showing more interest with other babies moving around! He is quite tall but I didn’t even consider that.
He does stand if I put him in a standing position, just has no interest in doing it himself (I’m hoping just being a lazy boy!)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cara2017 · 26/06/2022 11:05

Ohhollyfred is all good otherwise?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.