Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I feel like my baby hates everything

NatLea · 18/05/2022 11:17

Hi there. I have an almost 10 month old boy. from as far as I can remember he has always been whingy. He feeds every hour for only a few minutes and during the night every 2-3 hours. He’s on solids and loves his food. He can’t crawl or bum shuffle and hates tummy time. He’s been sitting up since end of 5 months/beginning of 6. He just seems to hate everything. It’s so stressful. He will sit and play with his toys for 5 minutes then whinge. I will play with him and he slowly gets stressy. I feel like he just wants to be on the move as he loves being walked about but how can he do if he hates tummy time and refuses to try to move. It’s so hard. He hates being around other people, cries as his own family members. He’s ok with his dad but is better with me. I genuinely don’t know what else to do with him at this point other than walk him around the room all day!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AliceW89 · 18/05/2022 15:05

This was my DS, word for word, just over a year ago. Including the not tolerating tummy time and not crawling but being desperate to move.

I hate to say it, but months 10-14 ish were (aside from the newborn period, maybe) the absolute worst. DS was a permanently frustrated, whingy, none sleeping ball of anger. Parenting him was so difficult. He pulled up and cruised around on furniture just before 1 but it didn’t make much difference. He used to scream for us to walk
him round by the hands, all day everyday.

He learnt to walk (and run) and suddenly understood everything we were saying and started communicating back at 15 months. It was honestly like someone flicked a switch. He’s been an incredibly cheerful, easy going child since then. Rarely tantrums and sleeps and eats well. Self weaned from breastfeeding at 20 months - I honestly thought I’d be breastfeeding him forever!

I think he just hated being a baby and was desperate to be a toddler. He finally started crawling at 21 ish months, a whole half year or so after walking!

I hope you have the same experience.

Please
or

NatLea · 18/05/2022 16:19

Thanks for replying. That makes me feel more positive and I hope he settles down when he starts walking. I agree mine feels like he hates being a baby and needs to be a toddler. I’m really struggling all day on my own until his dad gets home but I hate leaving him with anyone, not that he would let me anyway! Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

NatLea · 18/05/2022 16:22

I mean not that my baby would let me 🙈 as he’s so clingy

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.