Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Mr Twit???

17 replies

hatwoman · 10/06/2008 22:03

dh wants to call our dog (which we haven't actually got yet) Mr Twit. it's ludicrous. isn't it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow · 10/06/2008 22:06

Yes. It might need to be Ms Twit.

Please
or

BoysAreLikeDogs · 10/06/2008 22:06

Go on, let him, it'll be fun
Please
or

wrinklytum · 10/06/2008 22:07

LOL very Roald Dahl...

Please
or

LuLuBai · 10/06/2008 22:07

Point out that whenever the dog bounds off the lead in the park, he's going to be the one who feels a right Twit calling it back.

(Will it be Miss Twit if you get a girl dog?)

Please
or

bluenosesaint · 10/06/2008 22:09

I like it!!

"MR TWIT! C'mere boy!! Oi Twit, c'mere"

Fab

Please
or

hatwoman · 10/06/2008 22:09

stop encouraging him.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BoysAreLikeDogs · 10/06/2008 22:10

Grin
Please
or

bigcar · 11/06/2008 10:41

A friend of mine called his cats kitty and meow just so his dw could stand on the step calling their names every evening, he found that highly amusing. Maybe it's a bloke thing.......

Please
or

snowleopard · 11/06/2008 10:42

It's great! It immediately brings to mind an vivid image of said dog, drawn by Quentin Blake.

Even better if it's a girl dog.

Please
or

TsarChasm · 11/06/2008 10:46

There's no possiblity it's going to sound a bit like er..'twat' when you yell it out across the park though is there?

Please
or

hatwoman · 11/06/2008 12:41

the stupid thing is that he originally said he didn;t like dogs with beards. fair enough. they look cute but are definitely a bit grotty-looking. then he deicided we could have one with a beard as long as we called it Mr Twit.now we've narrowed the breed down to 2 - and neither has a beard. so I assumed the whole Mr Twit thing was dead. and then last night he started refering to the-dog-that-doesn't-even-exist-yet as Mr Twit. as in "so, where are we going to put Mr Twit's basket?". love dh dearly but I really do think I'll have to put my foot down.

OP's posts:
Please
or

bluenosesaint · 11/06/2008 13:16

Spoilsport

Please
or

snowleopard · 11/06/2008 13:23

can it have a middle name?

Rover/Brandy/etc. Mr Twit Hatfamily

Please
or

funnypeculiar · 11/06/2008 13:31

Oh, that's a GREAT name for a dog. Lovin' it.

One of my all time favs was a friend who called her dog 'Catherine'. Shortened to Cat.

Please
or

Cheekster · 11/06/2008 16:21

I think its a fab name - go on let him it!

If it had been up to dh our dogs would have been called Alan and Neil - what! I had to intervene with those names Im afraid. He got his own way with the rabbit though which we call Paul! (and our hamster was called Steve)

Last time we went to the vets, the vet refused to call it Paul and instead refered to it as 'the rabbit.'

Please
or

hatwoman · 11/06/2008 17:18

when my db got a dog - I was about 15 I think, and he about 20, we spent hours posl at names. we were desperate to call it Kevin, or Keith, or Conrad. (we settled for Thomas, knowing it was the "right" thing to do) I do know a dog called Collin.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tallyditter · 12/06/2008 16:37

I like it.
If you don't
Tell him they might think you're calling him and not the dog when you're out together

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?