My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find baby name inspiration and advice on the Mumsnet Baby Names forum.

Baby names

Nicknames for Twins

8 replies

AnaBNanna · 13/02/2024 05:22

Hi, I was reading a thread here about nicknames of 'Amelie,' but the thread is closed. I joined so I could respond! Anyway, I have 2 nickname issues - Amelie and Isabelle, my grand twins. These tween twins have various nicknames - Amelie is Ammie, Ami, Am, Pajamalie, Omlette, etc. depending on my mood or who's speaking. Her sister, Isabelle, has more - Izzie, Izzy, Is, Busy, Belle, Bella, Bel-Bel...I usually call her Izzie or just Is. They seem to prefer their full names, so I often do that.

OP posts:
Gophering · 13/02/2024 06:04

What is the “nickname issue”? They don’t like the nicknames you use?

tellstales · 13/02/2024 07:03

Oh right.

BingoMarieHeeler · 13/02/2024 07:05

So what’s the issue then…?

I know 3 sets of twins called Amelie/a and Isabelle/a 🙂🙂

Onelife2024 · 13/02/2024 07:21

They are beautiful names with a lovely range of nicknames! Do you have a question or are you just sharing because the other thread was closed?

Bbq1 · 13/02/2024 07:22

AnaBNanna · 13/02/2024 05:22

Hi, I was reading a thread here about nicknames of 'Amelie,' but the thread is closed. I joined so I could respond! Anyway, I have 2 nickname issues - Amelie and Isabelle, my grand twins. These tween twins have various nicknames - Amelie is Ammie, Ami, Am, Pajamalie, Omlette, etc. depending on my mood or who's speaking. Her sister, Isabelle, has more - Izzie, Izzy, Is, Busy, Belle, Bella, Bel-Bel...I usually call her Izzie or just Is. They seem to prefer their full names, so I often do that.

Don't nicknames evolve organically as opposed to specifically choosing one and forcing it? In my family growing uo, my ddad waa fantastic at giving everyone pet names but they weren't deliberated over or chosen. It was natural. Our ds uses a shortened version of his name/nn most of the time now which we used/use (alongside his full name) from birth.

SueBranchers · 13/02/2024 15:05

Scrap the names. Call them Tweedledum and Tweedledee. Links to the popular children’s story “Alice in Wonderland”

MaloneMeadow · 13/02/2024 18:39

Ok… And the point of your post is?

WeeOrcadian · 13/02/2024 18:40

Job done

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.