We’re having a girl and there are lots of names I like but none I love or that I’m 100% sure on. I’d love opinions on the names on my current list to help me narrow it down (if you don’t like them please say why).
I’ve scoured through the top 1000 names so don’t necessarily need new suggestions unless it’s something you really think I wouldn’t have come across yet!
Otherwise, these are my favourites so I’d just love to get opinions on which you prefer and why and any you’d rule out.
- Octavia - with the nickname Occie.
- Caroline - with the nn Carrie.
- Eleanor - with no nn as don’t like the nn Ellie.
- Catherine - I love the nickname Kitty but strongly dislike Kathy!
- Mariella - I’d love to use this name because we could use the nn Marie which was my grandma’s name but is it a bit “frilly” and less sophisticated for an adult woman than the other names?
- Felicity - I love this name and the nicknames flick and fliss and DH likes it too but he worries it sounds too much like felatio and she might get teased at school!