Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Christmas baby names?

OutofControl3 · 04/08/2022 22:06

If I was having a girl at Christmas what would I call her?
If I was having a boy at Christmas what would be his name?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ariesalien · 05/08/2022 08:47

@Letshoptoit it's Jovie from Elf, right? Not Joely?

Please
or

Awwlookatmybabyspider · 05/08/2022 09:05

ariesalien · 05/08/2022 08:47

@Letshoptoit it's Jovie from Elf, right? Not Joely?

I love Jovie.

Please
or

TempsPerdu · 05/08/2022 09:06

I definitely wouldn’t do a Christmas-themed first name - it’s bit twee, and as pps have said not ideal to lumber a child with the festive association all year round.

I do quite like Noelle as a possible mn for a girl though, and maybe Nicholas for a boy.

DD was born in December and we didn’t use any Christmas/winter names, although would have considered Nicholas/Nico had she been a boy (mainly because we liked it, rather than the seasonal connection).

Please
or

tootiredforanything · 05/08/2022 10:10

Christmas birthdays are hard.

It's ok saying they are what you make them, but that's not true.

My son's friends can't come to parties because they are all away or with family.

Everything has to be brought forward or postponed. Imagine having your 18th or 21st party at a completely different time (even a week away from your actual birthday doesn't work as people are busy)!

Please
or

resm · 05/08/2022 11:35

My birthday is Christmas Day and I wouldn’t have thanked my parents for a name like Holly tbh. That said, my son was due early Jan and if he came early I liked the idea of Noel being his middle name.

Please
or

easyday · 05/08/2022 12:42

If you must, I'd pick a name that isn't so obviously Christmas related. I like Natalie - the one I know is Jewish so I don't think of Christmas at all.
Though I do like Noelle - the one I know is a lovely woman and have no idea when her birthday is.

Please
or

PoleFairy · 05/08/2022 19:45

Girls: Holly, Ivy, Noelle, Seren, Stella, Robyn, Mary, Winter, Ruby, Scarlet
Boys: Casper, Robin, Joseph, Rudy

Please
or

DappledThings · 06/08/2022 07:55

DC2 was due on Christmas day. If she had been a boy we were going to go with Joseph and I started a thread here to check most people wouldn't think it wasn't Christmas themed. If people did I would have thought it was far too twee and abandoned it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?