Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Need help find the right name for your newborn? Try our baby name generator.

Emily??

busybee87 · 22/11/2020 07:01

DH and I both love the name Emily, and it fits really well with our surname, but is it too popular? There are so many beautiful girl names but none of them seem quite 'right' other than Emily. Don't want people to think we didn't try!

Middle name would be Freda after DH's grandmother.

OP's posts:
Please
or

cctvrec · 22/11/2020 13:14

I love it. There's only two other Emily's anywhere near. Both much younger than teen DD Emily.
She also has a little sister called Charlotte. I'm a fan of the classic names. No funny spelling, just a nice normal pretty name.

Please
or

Whatsyourflava · 22/11/2020 14:42

I assume you've probably looked at the official statistics already @busybee87 but if not see links below- yes you're not imagining it, the numbers of Emily's have fallen each and every year for the past 20 years. There's less that 1/3rd of the number of babies called Emily per year now than there was 20 years ago

names.darkgreener.com/#emily

Please
or

Pops55 · 22/11/2020 21:02

The youngest Emily I know is 8, not as popular as it once was.

Please
or

mamablondie33 · 16/12/2020 20:52

It’s lovely. Far more popular for adults than children. I know one under 3. All the others I know are adults, go for it. It’s not a trend name that will sound dated in ten years

Please
or

laurielo · 17/12/2020 02:11

What about Amalie?

Similar to Emily but very different when pronounced right

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.