My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Positive Antinuclear antibodies

4 replies

Longbarn5 · 09/01/2024 22:42

Just got a blood result showing ANA positive at 1:80. Just wondering if anyone on here had the same and treatment during trying to conceive or pregnancy itself which resulted in success. Thinking of trying low dose asprin for a start.

OP posts:
FuzzyPuffling · 23/01/2024 19:47

Mine are 1:640 but no idea about conception. I wouldn't take anything without the say so of your rheumatologist.

Rainbowhopeful2024 · 23/01/2024 19:59

I have positive ANA at 1:320.

I've conceived a number of times but have struggled with recurrent miscarriage- unclear if this is because of the ANAs or if it would have happened anyway due to chromosome problems. However, I'm currently pregnant again (8 weeks) and taking low dose steroids since I found out I was pregnant to protect against any potential issue created by my immune system.

Longbarn5 · 24/01/2024 20:01

FuzzyPuffling · 23/01/2024 19:47

Mine are 1:640 but no idea about conception. I wouldn't take anything without the say so of your rheumatologist.

Thank you FuzzyPuffing. I dont have a rheumatologist yet. Awaiting more info from doctor.

OP posts:
Longbarn5 · 24/01/2024 20:04

Rainbowhopeful2024 · 23/01/2024 19:59

I have positive ANA at 1:320.

I've conceived a number of times but have struggled with recurrent miscarriage- unclear if this is because of the ANAs or if it would have happened anyway due to chromosome problems. However, I'm currently pregnant again (8 weeks) and taking low dose steroids since I found out I was pregnant to protect against any potential issue created by my immune system.

Thank you Rainbowhooeful2024. I am hoping that is what they will do for me. Sorry to hear about your losses and big positive vibes for this pregnancy for you. Do let me know how you get on xx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.