My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Concerned I have MS or ALS.

1 reply

egowise · 16/07/2023 13:36

Can anybody explain their symptoms of the above?

A few weeks ago I started with my right leg being numb, could still walk, no pins and needles at this point.

Since then symptoms have escalated.

When I feel a cool/cold breeze I have a feeling of pinpricks that follow the breeze around my body.

And now i get a heat feeling flowing around my body from specific points. It can start from my hips if I bend. But sometimes just when I'm sat down and move, the heat feeling just starts.

All this happens many many times a day.

Right now I'm sat on the sofa with my legs up, and my legs have the weird breeze feeling but no breeze in my house.

I know we shouldn't Google, but obviously I have. And I know I should go to the Dr and I will, although we aren't allowed to see GP anymore and have to see a nurse practitioner.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

OP posts:
Sillymummies123 · 22/07/2023 09:10

Why can't you see a GP? You may have to wait for the appointment but it's worth it in this case.

It could really be anything- some migraines cause numbness on one side, trapped nerve, shingles, your specific cincern about MS / ALS is understandable, but that's one of a thousand causes for numbness and changes in response to pressure / temperature. Granted, I haven't studied ALS, but isn't that more voluntary muscle control rather than sensation, as you describe? That makes one of your concerns very unlikely at least.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.