My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Scarring alopecia….

1 reply

PurpleJam2234 · 05/12/2022 17:54

I’ve searched the whole of Mumsnet and only seen this mentioned once 😔…

I’m in my early 30’s and I’ve just been diagnosed with AGA and LPP (scarring alopecia) along with TE from having my baby 6 months ago. So sadly, I have 3 forms of hair loss all happening at the same time, which makes treatment and progress a bit confusing. Hopefully, the postpartum loss should improve and the treatment I am on will stop the scarring/inflammation and then I’m just left with trying to manage Androgenic Alopecia / Female Pattern Baldness for as long as possible and as well as possible.

I’m trying so hard to be positive, treat the condition and be a good mum BUT I’m terrified, it never crossed my mind to think I’d be facing something like this at my age. I’m not ready to lose my hair and I can’t tell if the internet/support groups just have a negative bias and there is hope for me with the right treatment or if I am doomed to just go slowly bald. I’m not sure I can face it, I’m devastated and scared.

Is there anyone on hear who has the same thing or knows someone with it?! Xx

OP posts:
Radyward · 19/08/2023 21:42

Just saw this while scrolling. i have frontal fibrosing alopecia (FFA ) its desperado it really is but im upbeat too. im on plaquenil- finasteride - and other immune suppressants and am so happy im under the care of a fab dermatologist in Dublin. google dr christos tziatzios- he is a world leader on scarring alopecia based in London. all i think is theres wigs TG . im 49 have it id say 7 yrs. i miss the old me but im trying to stay strong. sendng you lots of hugs

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.