My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

RA and Covid booster?

3 replies

bitachey · 19/10/2022 21:50

Currently having tests for RA. Mildly inflamed wrists on MRI (I have ortheoarthritis too). No real symptoms.

I would be interested to hear others on this. I had all my other Covid vaccinations no problem but this has me hesitating as I really don’t want to trigger a flareup if that is what I have. I have just received my invite for my Covid booster and flu jab. This will be my fourth Covid jab. I am unsure whether to get it or not as I have read that (anecdotally) it could lead to a rheumatoid arthritis flareup. I am not on any auto immune suppressant medication and I had Covid back in April.

Thanks.
(Also posted on the Covid forum)

OP posts:
Mummyford · 21/10/2022 09:36

I know these things are highly individual, but my brother has RA and didn't suffer any flares after his boosters (he's also a doctor). He is on immunosuppressive meds and was quite ill, in hospital on supplementary oxygen, with covid before his booster.

I have a much milder autoimmune issue and am always aware of the possibility of causing a flare up, but generally think any illness is going to be more of disruptor than a vaccine. For what it's worth, I had no reaction to the three vaxxs I've had and do plan to have the booster when available.

bitachey · 21/10/2022 23:01

@Mummyford Thank you. I think I’ll just crack on and get it done asap.

OP posts:
bitachey · 21/10/2022 23:02

Ps scary that your brother was so ill. I’m glad he’s ok now. Must have been awful

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.