My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Hypermobile and pseudo-autoimmune and anxiety

0 replies

Terrazzo · 30/07/2021 12:24

Hello!

Right, I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about this because this is a big revelation I had this morning.

I finally had a rheum appointment at the hospital, my bloods are all fine so not thinking I really have any autoimmune issues (although going for a couple more tests).

Doc examined me and said I’m very hypermobile and he mentioned that that can trigger lots of autoimmune-like symptoms. Because your nerves are literally physically not-stable in your body and are I guess pretty sort of stressed ? I can’t remember what he called it, he mentioned the sympathetic nervous system, the perisympathetic nervous system and the …? A-something system? Autonomic nervous system? Does anyone know about that?

Google tells me that if you suffer from anxiety/panic attacks (I do) then you are pretty likely to also have hypermobility. So there is literally a physical reason for my anxiety. This has blown my mind basically. Quite validating.

Anyway I want to do more research into this but interested to hear if anyone here has experienced this before.

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.