Please
or
to access all these features

Antenatal/postnatal depression

It's happening again

8 replies

bbyno2 · 14/03/2023 08:04

I had one with my first but took months to be diagnosed

14 days in with second and scared it's happening again. Husband went back to work yesterday, 2 weeks is really not long enough especially when I was on my own in hospital for most of that time, he didn't even stay with me one night

I cried as soon as he left just now. I haven't bonded with this baby at all I at least loved my first just found it incredibly hard. I was supposed to have a drs appointment this morning to check my bp as medicated to high heavens for gestational hypertension. It was a tough pregnancy and birth, iugr baby so I just feel guilt and shame around this baby

Don't really know what I can do, sertraline helped last time but I am on so much other medication at the moment I don't really want to go on it again. I'm not suicidal yet but have had thoughts of just disappearing. Feeling like I have ruined my families life by having this second baby.

OP posts:
Please
or

bbyno2 · 14/03/2023 08:05

Sorry bot all of that makes sense. Was supposed to have drs appointment for the bp but have cancelled as cant face going out in public on my own with the baby

OP posts:
Please
or

bbyno2 · 15/03/2023 18:22

:(

OP posts:
Please
or

lostfrequencies · 15/03/2023 18:25

Oh you poor love. I couldn't read and run, though have no good advice. Do you have any family you could confide in? A supportive health visitor? As you had it first time round you'd hope they're keeping an eye on you. Remember PND is a liar. A very convincing one, but a liar nonetheless.

Please
or

YukoandHiro · 15/03/2023 18:28

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Please contact your midwife and ask for a home visit for BP and you can talk about this - I presume you're not discharged if still need BP monitoring?

Please
or

Stanfs87 · 21/03/2023 11:10

Really sorry to hear you are feeling so low OP.
Im 6 weeks postpartum, 2nd baby after two miscarriages so very much wamted baby.
ede cried all week thinking ive made a terrible mistake, spoke to Hv and GP this morning, straight onto sertaline to calm my anxiety! I feel loads better sharing My thoughts with them, they were so similar to yours and i genuinely felt id made a huge mistake... its not you talking its the chemical unbalance!
Just wanted to say your not alone and im looking forward to starting my recovery process... just opening up helped immensel, you are doing brilliant! X

Please
or

YukoandHiro · 21/03/2023 20:31

How are you OP?

Please
or

bbyno2 · 22/03/2023 11:08

Not great tbh. Husband is fed up of me now as well so have to keep my feelings hidden. Figure I can try and keep everything in and auto pilot for the next few months and then see where I am if I survive

OP posts:
Please
or

Stanfs87 · 22/03/2023 13:12

Please dont do that OP...@bbyno2 dont wait to get the help you and your baby deserve, as my GP said, its all so common and treatable! They might be able to suggest alternatives, im going to try the talking therapies also! Please contact them, get husband to have baby and go solo, please dont do this alone!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?