Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Antenatal/postnatal depression

Help:(

1 reply

gemmaaaxxx · 06/12/2018 23:09

Since 7-8 weeks into my pregnancy, I have suffered morning sickness, badly. Been put on tablets,lost 2 stone, I'm 12 weeks now, obviously I'm hormonal... my partners mum, who I happen to live with, made a nasty comment towards me.

"I hope to god you don't have anymore kids after this"
This is my first.

"All you've done is moan you feel sick"

I feel very upset and distraught by this.

My partner was present. And didn't say a word to her, he just nodded his head.

I feel as if I'm doing something wrong, like I can't help if I'm being sick suffering with morning sickness.

Back in September, I was taken off my tablets for my anxiety and depression for taking a od ( I was rock bottom) and since then I haven't been on my tablets I've wanted to try and stay off them for the baby. But I feel this has just brought me right down.

What do you ladies think?

OP posts:
Please
or

ElizabethSawyer · 19/12/2018 21:24

Hi there,

I am nearly 15 weeks pregnant and have had really bad sickness since week 4. Was in hospital on a drip and on 4 lots of sickness tablets. In the last few weeks I have started to feel really low and anxiety and unable to "pick myself up". I was already on Sertraline but had recently reduced my dosage (a couple months before I fell pregnant). I went to my GP and they have increased my dose again. I know it's so hard and I felt really guilty about it, but I also think it is the safest thing for the baby because he/she needs a happy and stable mum.
How are you feeling now? You're not alone, pregnancy is so much harder than I expected. Xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?