We’re away in the Lake District for the weekend so I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather (using Keswick forecast).
It looks atrocious - torrential rain all day on Friday and Saturday, with wind gusts 50-60 mph on Saturday & Sunday.
What I can’t understand is why there are no weather warnings for the region, while there are warnings in place for areas where the forecast is not so severe (e.g Bristol). I know there are other factors at play that determine where a warning is issued but the absence of a warning in these situations doesn’t help people make the necessary decisions.
I’ll walk in wind and rain but there are limits and it wouldn’t be safe with these winds.
We are supposed to be staying in a static caravan (might think differently if it was a hotel with a spa!). Has anyone successfully cancelled or rebooked in similar circumstances? There is nothing in the T&Cs that gives us the right to but I wonder if it’s worth trying.
I know it’s difficult as the holiday park still has staff to pay etc.. but on the other hand they have had an exceptionally good year.
It’s also not just about actually staying there but travelling by car in awful conditions.
its going to be similar at home and I worry about leaving the house in case of damage while away.