My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Bit of a gross problem but don't know whether to worry or not?

41 replies

chickadeeda · 12/02/2024 20:35

Felt fine all day, nobody in the household with any type of stomach issues. Got back from a walk at about 4pm and felt absolutely desperate for the toilet to open bowels, felt like I couldn't hold it in which doesn't normally happen. It was very loose but that isn't particularly unusual. Since then I've been to the toilet twice and not passed anything apart from bloody mucus. I've had a pain in my stomach since then. I've also started to feel a bit nauseous. I'm really praying it's not a stomach bug as I'm terrified of sickness! But I've never had bloody mucus before when I've had a bug. Has anyone had this?

OP posts:
chickadeeda · 12/02/2024 21:32

@OnSecondThoughts that sounds stressful, I hope you get an answer soon!

@FabFebHalfTerm yes I've got my DH and DC here tonight. I'm currently going through the most stressful time we've ever experienced as a family due to a very close family bereavement so I'm hoping it's just stress related and nothing else.

OP posts:
Greensleevevssnotnose · 12/02/2024 21:34

Try and catch some in a container and take to GP or appointment tomorrow

theduchessofspork · 12/02/2024 21:38

The chances are it’s piles - but you must get it checked.

Please don’t cancel your ultrasound - that’s going to give your docs important info so it’s vital.

There’s no point going to AnE or calling 911 but you do need to insist your Gp does your bloods and checks you for piles, and if that doesn’t answer it then further gastro investigation

5128gap · 12/02/2024 21:40

Worms can cause this.

Justwingingit2005 · 12/02/2024 21:43

Hey op.
I've had this twice, months apart
I went to the drs they did stool test for blood and anemia, had a feel about.
Was referred for a colonoscopy.
They found a few pouches of diverticular. The second time it happened I had eaten alot of popcorn and peanuts the night before.
I have avoided them since on drs advice.

ApisGuard · 12/02/2024 21:56

from experience with me its a combination of foods etc mixing and the chemicals causing the reactions etc @chickadeeda

DrunkenElephant · 12/02/2024 22:24

FabFebHalfTerm · 12/02/2024 21:25

@DrunkenElephant yeah, then she can speak to people with no medical qualifications 🙄🙄🙄

Yesbloid in stools does need to checked out, hence being advised to call her GP.

cant see it needs A&E tonight unless the pain gets worse.

i doubt sitting there overnight is going to help her any.

@chickadeeda

Do you have someone there with you?

if so try to relax & get some sleep!

The calls are triaged and then a medical professional will call her back 🙄🙄🙄

YOU doubt A&E will help her any? That’s ok then. Are you a doctor? A nurse?

If the doctor/nurse who calls back from 111 doesn’t feel like A&E is needed, they won’t advise it. If they feel it just needs a GP visit, that’s what they’ll say but on what planet is taking medical advice from internet strangers the best course of action?

Imfreetofeelgood · 12/02/2024 22:35

Sounds like an inflammatory bowel disorder - make sure you are checked out, face to face, though OP. Don't assume.

Pippa12 · 12/02/2024 22:36

I sometimes get blood stained loose stools with mucous when I have a flare up of irritable bowel syndrome, which is often triggered by stress (or certain food groups). The pain can be extraordinarily awful accompanied by a nausea but I’m rarely sick with it. I take buscopan when needed. It goes away and I can be well for a couple of months, then boom… back to square one without explanation!

Theunamedcat · 12/02/2024 22:39

Justwingingit2005 · 12/02/2024 21:43

Hey op.
I've had this twice, months apart
I went to the drs they did stool test for blood and anemia, had a feel about.
Was referred for a colonoscopy.
They found a few pouches of diverticular. The second time it happened I had eaten alot of popcorn and peanuts the night before.
I have avoided them since on drs advice.

Popcorn? My stomach is currently in a state of outrage the only thing new I've eaten this week is Popcorn....ffs I love Popcorn

VaccineSticker · 12/02/2024 22:48

Stop listening to people advices who have no clue what they are talking about.
ring 111 and they will triage you.
and please for the love of god don’t cancel your scan tomoro

Ponoka7 · 12/02/2024 22:54

Definitely go for the scan. My son in law has those symptoms and it's been because of gastroenteritis and one time dysentery (yes it's still about). You might be told to go through A&E. So I'd take food, phone charger, something to read and plan ahead.

Moier · 12/02/2024 23:09

Go for the scan..l had this bleeding...so had a colonoscopy.. before l was old enough for the bowel screening.. if there is blood in your poo for bowel screening you go for a colonoscopy..anyhow l had polyps that were bleeding and diagnosed with diverticulitis.

2024WasNotInFactMyYear · 12/02/2024 23:12

Blood clots in your stool will always justify a 111 call at the very minimum. Don’t take any advice or anecdotes on here as gospel OP, and I’m glad you didn’t cancel your ultrasound!

BobbyBiscuits · 13/02/2024 06:11

The illness you have now could be related to the one you are having ultrasound for. If you are physically able, please go to this appointment. I would ring your GP first thing tomorrow as well for a same day appt on the phone if you can't leave the house. They may ask for a stool sample but someone else can pick up the sample kit.

FabFebHalfTerm · 13/02/2024 10:09

chickadeeda · 12/02/2024 21:32

@OnSecondThoughts that sounds stressful, I hope you get an answer soon!

@FabFebHalfTerm yes I've got my DH and DC here tonight. I'm currently going through the most stressful time we've ever experienced as a family due to a very close family bereavement so I'm hoping it's just stress related and nothing else.

@chickadeeda

im sorry your family is going through something so stressful xx

it might just be down to that.

How are you feeling today??

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.