Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Cannot cope with my toxic mother anymore

8 replies

elliees11 · 11/02/2024 21:29

I cannot cope to be around her anymore. It's getting to the point where I'm starting to resent her. I'm a 23 year old single parent to a 2 year old and she lives with me to help with my son as I do have mental health problems. We have always been close as it's just me and her but she's turned so bitter and trying to turn my son against me. Yesterday she started a row with me being real nasty over nothing she said "sooner u die the better so me and my grandson can get along much better without u a toxic mother to him" and said to my son u wouldn't wanna stay with "a hopeless piece of st anyway" she said to him soon as she drops dead the better, and said to me I cannot stand the look or sight of you. She's ignored me since last night anything she said today she's been so ignorant and childish bearing in mind she's 50 years old. I went to stand up to her there now and she goes "f**k away off like a big child... I cannot stand the sight of her and I want her out of my house. She's really impacting my mental health to the point I can't take it anymore.

OP posts:
Ponoka7 · 11/02/2024 21:30

Is the house in your name? She's emotionally abuses you and your son.

Cherrysoup · 11/02/2024 21:55

She’s abusive. Is it your house? Can you tell her to do one? Do you have any other support?

Calm67 · 11/02/2024 21:57

It's a council house but it's in my name. I have no other support his dad decided to do one, I only have my dad who's in his late 60s with heart problems we don't speak that often tbh

Mimami · 11/02/2024 22:02

No wonder you have mental health problems with a mother that treats you like that, you's be better off on your own, ask her to leave at once

Mrsm010918 · 12/02/2024 06:35

Calm67 · 11/02/2024 21:57

It's a council house but it's in my name. I have no other support his dad decided to do one, I only have my dad who's in his late 60s with heart problems we don't speak that often tbh

I'm guessing name change.

Throw her out. She is harming you not helping you. If she refuses to leave then call the police and tell them you do not want her there, she is not named on the tenancy, and she is refusing to leave the property.

Then get yourself to your GP to access other support for your mental health so you can take care of yourself and child

WhereDidTheSunshineGo · 12/02/2024 06:39

Please go to the stately homes thread on the relationships board for more advice. You are not alone. 💐💐💐

Mammma91 · 12/02/2024 06:40

If anyone, including your own mother speaks and treats you and your son this way, don’t react and phone the police. What a horrible thing for your mum to say to your 2 year old about you! I hope you’re ok OP.

Bananalanacake · 12/02/2024 09:24

Is her living with you temporary, could she move out sooner. Someone that nasty is making your mh worse.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.