Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Anyone else agree that going to different parks in your two

68 replies

Gobacktoyou8 · 04/02/2024 21:27

And other areas of the county is really exploring and seeing new things? To do this in my view you need museums, holidays theatre tips not cinema and parks.

OP posts:
MissMelanieH · 04/02/2024 22:31

There's really no rule on this, you are free to explore wherever you like and take pictures wherever you like, whatever is upsetting you op, try to relax!

When ds and I go on holiday we always go to the cinema, the main reason being that it gives me a two hour break from his non-stop talking!

TheScenicWay · 04/02/2024 23:27

Museums are interesting but we've had way more fun in parks. And some parks are pretty amazing.

InAnotherLifetimeMaybe · 04/02/2024 23:30

FuckingHellAdele · 04/02/2024 21:31

I think in your haste to show your superiority, you may have left out some letters and words 😁

😂 😂 😂

InAnotherLifetimeMaybe · 04/02/2024 23:32

Dusty old museums are not my idea of 'exploring' a new area neither is an am dram theatre production

Th as no god we are all different

OneTC · 04/02/2024 23:33

Parks are something I particularly look for when I go to different cities. I love parks.

Testina · 04/02/2024 23:37

SiliconHeaven · 04/02/2024 21:58

Ah @Testina Vanya is really dull, unless it’s the one with Andrew Scott which is awesome.
I went to the opera last week, but it was all fancy kimonos and cherry blossom, very common 😁

@SiliconHeaven it is indeed the Andrew Scott! Sadly not projected to a screen in a park though 😀
I have liked other versions too though - it’s supposed to be dull 😉

Nagado · 04/02/2024 23:38

Gobacktoyou8 · 04/02/2024 21:39

I mean that parks aren’t really experiences to take pictures and tell people you’ve been to them etc. much more special things to post about

I’d be very happy to see photos of my friends or family having fun in the park, especially if they managed to use all of the words needed to describe their visit and I didn’t have to guess what they were talking about.

Corondel · 04/02/2024 23:39

I mean that parks aren’t really experiences to take pictures and tell people you’ve been to them etc. much more special things to post about

This is the weird bit. I don’t think I go anywhere to ‘take pictures and tell people I’ve been there’.

LauderSyme · 04/02/2024 23:43

I love a good park. Great communal spaces, sometimes surprisingly beautiful; many are totally worth travelling to visit.

I have just realised I could say exactly the same about a museum! Aren't we lucky to have both 🙂

KreedKafer · 04/02/2024 23:51

What does it matter to you? Just scroll past. People can take pictures of whatever they like. It doesn’t have to be something you consider special, because (and I realise this will come as a shock to you) other people’s lives don’t revolve around you and their social media isn’t curated to your personal needs.

In any case, what’s wrong with taking pleasure in every day stuff? If you can’t see anything interesting or enjoyable about things like parks, you just don’t have much imagination. You can learn so much about a city from its parks. Not everyone has to have entertainment spoon-fed to them.

I’ve travelled all over Europe and much of the US and Canada. I’ve certainly been to many, many museums and theatres and galleries and I’ve seen many spectacular sights, from Michaelangelo’s David to an erupting volcano. But I still see interest and beauty and find enjoyment in my own home city every time I step out of the house, because I’m not, you know, utterly dead inside.

KreedKafer · 04/02/2024 23:55

ButWhatAboutTheBees · 04/02/2024 22:11

Parks can be full of statues, greenhouses, interesting flora and fauna, strange little experiences like musical steps or light displays or pools.

Kids having fun is an experience to enjoy and share.

Yes, my own local park is full of history and also brilliant for wildlife. Incredible views from the high points too.

ThinWomansBrain · 04/02/2024 23:56

Do you only live through what you take photographs of?
How sad.

IloveAslan · 05/02/2024 00:16

Why aren't parks "experiences", and why can't you take pictures and tell people you've been to them? I would far rather visit a park or cinema than a museum or theatre. Also, why do you need to take photos - what's wrong with just enjoying something? (I say that as someone who has photography as a hobby btw).

You seem to have a rather limited view of life!

Gagaandgag · 05/02/2024 00:21

You have an issue with one particular friend or relative and trying to find anyone to validate your negative feelings towards them?

Ursulla · 05/02/2024 00:26

Theatre tips are where old actors get recycled OP. They are very secret places and you have no business going to one. If you were to find out how it all worked the house of cards would collapse and there would be no EastEnders, no CBBC, no Casualty. And Bradley Cooper's face would turn to ash. ASH, OP. Do you want to be responsible for this? DO YOU?

alwayscrashinginthesamecar1 · 05/02/2024 00:32

Its possible to like parks and museums and theatre trips though. Nothing wrong with parks at all, especially with little kids, but all things have their place.

cardibach · 05/02/2024 11:40

Corondel · 04/02/2024 23:39

This is the weird bit. I don’t think I go anywhere to ‘take pictures and tell people I’ve been there’.

Exactly. I mean, I do take pictures of its interesting, and I do tell people I’ve been places, but that’s not the reason I go…

TitusMoan · 05/02/2024 11:53

BringOnFebBankHoliday · 04/02/2024 21:46

Maybe OP is in Ireland? It's a bank holiday tomorrow 🥳 🎉 🍷 🥂

Ah yes, good old St Brigid. I raise a glass to her 🍺

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.