Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Feelings before big move!

5 replies

Dogzombie · 31/01/2024 15:20

I’m not sure if this is normal or weird!

We have always dreamed of living near the sea. We did when we first met and loved it but then situations with my in laws meant we needed to move away. Since then we have lusted after living near the sea again and have been spending so much time at the seaside as us and our DC love the seaside.

After a horrific miscarriage last summer we decided to just go for it and now we have got a house and will be moving in two months. In laws no longer need us close by.

I thought I’d be excited. The town we have chosen is where we lived when we first met and I grew up and my dad (who I adore) lives near there too.

But all I have done since we had confirmation of the house going through is panic! I’m scared about leaving the house where we brought DC home for the first time, everything they know, changing schools etc (they are primary age). I am stressed and massively panicking!! It’s only an hour away from where we currently live too!

AIBU?
is this normal or odd?!

OP posts:
Brrrrrrrrrritscold · 31/01/2024 18:01

Perfectly normal, I had the same panic before we moved to the seaside from Surrey to South Coast. DS was also primary age, best thing we ever did. Much nicer lifestyle now, and upbringing for DS.

Dogzombie · 31/01/2024 18:04

Thank you. We are also going Surrey to south coast! X

OP posts:
Tegridyfarms · 31/01/2024 18:32

I'm looking to move this year and like you, at times I've shitting myself! I've lived here for 19 years, longest I've lived anywhere though. Most of the time I'm desperate to leave though.

Tegridyfarms · 31/01/2024 18:33

Tegridyfarms · 31/01/2024 18:32

I'm looking to move this year and like you, at times I've shitting myself! I've lived here for 19 years, longest I've lived anywhere though. Most of the time I'm desperate to leave though.

ETA: Good luck with the move! I'm sure you'll love it after a while.
P.S I don't know how I manged to quote myself instead of edit. 😁I also mistakenly thought your child was the primary age child too. I can only say, I got new glasses today....lol

Dogzombie · 01/02/2024 15:25

It’s such a long awaited dream. I thought I’d be happy! 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.