Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To feel uncomfortable

1 reply

withname · 16/01/2024 08:35

H (divorcing currently) is not involved in 6 yo DD's life and only sees her for a couple of days, twice a year. Contact usually takes place at his sister's house who I know is very responsible and looks after DD really well.

I agreed for contact to take place this week presuming they'll be staying at his sister's. However, when we took DD to her doctor's appointment yesterday, she said they're staying in a hotel. I suspect with his new partner.

I feel uncomfortable at the thought of DD in a small space with her dad and a stranger she's only met 2 days ago. He was with us the whole time yesterday so I couldn't really ask DD how she's feeling about the situation.

DD only agreed to go with him because she loves spending time with her auntie and cousins.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

5 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
40%
You are NOT being unreasonable
60%
Notimeforaname · 16/01/2024 08:39

I couldn't really ask DD how she's feeling about the situation.

DD only agreed to go with him because she loves spending time with her auntie and cousins.

If you haven't asked her how she feels, then you cant know how she feels and why she wants to go. She may want to see her dad..

Yanbu to feel uncomfortable about it but not sure what you can do about it. It is his agreed contact time.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.