Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

AIBU?

Being validated by a man

12 replies

Neggymumum · 16/10/2022 22:40

My husband of thirty years basically told me that I am a waste of space tonight, I agree, I don't have children or a job ,can't say what will keep Me from chucking myself in the river like my uncle , he's right

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

12 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
83%
You are NOT being unreasonable
17%
Pleasegodgotosleep · 16/10/2022 22:46

He is the waste of space. Get out.

HarrietSchulenberg · 16/10/2022 22:48

What does this paragon of virtue bring to the table himself?
What would you like to do, and is there a reason why you're not already doing it?

userxx · 16/10/2022 22:50

There's a hell of a lot more to life than children and a job.

ImaniMumsnet · 16/10/2022 22:56

Hello OP, we are really sorry to hear you are feeling this way.
We hope you don't mind, but when these threads are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources. You can also go to the Samaritans website
or email them on [email protected]. Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek real-life help and support as well.

We also like to remind everyone that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

Some further support links:

NHS: Where to get urgent help for mental health
NHS: Looking after your mental health
MIND: Coping with mental health problems during coronavirus

CALM: The Campaign Against Living Miserably
NHS: Help for suicidal thoughts

Very best wishes from MNHQ.

Notamumsad · 16/10/2022 22:56

I wish there was, but I am 55 years old, and there's no way forward. I wish I had been more forward when I was younger. It's only now that I can see my husband is a cunt and it's too late

Notamumsad · 16/10/2022 22:59

Thanks Mumsnet very good and grateful for your care xx responsible too xx

RaininSummer · 16/10/2022 23:01

You are only 55 so still chances to do lots of things. What do you enjoy? What do you think you might enjoy?

user1473878824 · 16/10/2022 23:01

Lots of people don’t have children and a job doesn’t define you. You are absolutely not a @Neggymumum. Not at all.

Notamumsad · 16/10/2022 23:04

Thanks kind people, honestly feeling very low xx

PickAnyName · 16/10/2022 23:04

You need to get urgent help for your mental health. Call the Samaritans. Get to see your GP. Get to a place of safety away from this man who is eroding your self-esteem.

Notamumsad · 16/10/2022 23:18

I've called Samaritans , it's very generic advice I think unless you have someone in real life to help you you're on your own he knows this . It's what makes him even more of a twat

LicoricePizza · 17/10/2022 01:33

You don’t have to stay with him. And even if you may have wanted kids at some point in your life, they’re not the only things in life & him rubbing your face in that is just really unkind.
Wonder what amazing things he brings to the table?
You don’t have to stay with him. He’s the waste of space not you 💐

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.