Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To keep taking pregnancy tests

38 replies

blueberry23 · 13/10/2022 06:59

Posting in AIBU cos I probably need some tough love.

I'm stressing over my line progression from 14-16dpo.

Woke up this morning to use my last FRER and throw the sticks away and now I'm worried something is wrong after a few miscarriages the last year.

Realistically I know what you're all going to say. But how do I stop this anxiety? How can I just relax in to this pregnancy?

And DOES my 16dpo line look ok to you? 🙈

To keep taking pregnancy tests
OP posts:
Greymalkin12 · 13/10/2022 17:00

I'm jus a few weeks ahead of you and have a similar background so do sympathise. Do what you need to get through the next few weeks but if you must test get internet cheap tests!

Fuuuuuckit · 13/10/2022 17:07

OP there is much I could say about repeat testing, but won't, because you know that crap already.

What I will say is that I was as sick as a dog in my first pregnancy, from before I tested to 14 weeks. Awful. Second time round nothing at all. Ate like a pig because I was hungry all the time and wasn't baring 20 times a day. Hopefully your pregnancies are just going to be different. Fingers crossed for you!

Darkstar4855 · 13/10/2022 17:20

Testing will not improve the outcome but it can cause you a lot of stress. Tiny variations in the test, concentration of urine etc. can affect “line progression” and make you think a perfectly viable pregnancy is failing. You may as well throw the tests in the bin for all the good they will do you!

Cw112 · 13/10/2022 17:24

I'm pretty sure the tests can get less accurate the further along you get. I used the clear blue ones and did exactly the same and took a million of them because I had lots of bleeding early on. They initially went up to 3+ but then started to go down to 2-3 weeks etc. But everything was fine and I'm due in 4 weeks. Only thing the tests did was put my head away. Just take it day by day and wait for your scan and try to keep occupied in the meantime is my advice. Really hope it all works out for you op!

Yutes · 13/10/2022 17:40

Cw112 · 13/10/2022 17:24

I'm pretty sure the tests can get less accurate the further along you get. I used the clear blue ones and did exactly the same and took a million of them because I had lots of bleeding early on. They initially went up to 3+ but then started to go down to 2-3 weeks etc. But everything was fine and I'm due in 4 weeks. Only thing the tests did was put my head away. Just take it day by day and wait for your scan and try to keep occupied in the meantime is my advice. Really hope it all works out for you op!

This.

I thought hcg tests only proves there is HCG in the urine…not how much there is/ how concentrated it is iyswim.

ImEasyLikeSundayMorning · 13/10/2022 19:54

sandytooth · 13/10/2022 13:06

No they don't. They just show the increase/decrease they don't cause it.

Yes that's right. I said the result caused a pregnancy or not.
Grow up for fuck sake.

Herejustforthisone · 13/10/2022 19:59

ImEasyLikeSundayMorning · 13/10/2022 19:54

Yes that's right. I said the result caused a pregnancy or not.
Grow up for fuck sake.

What on earth is the matter with you @ImEasyLikeSundayMorning ?

That is a totally disproportionate response to your initially incorrect statement. The test has no bearing at all on how pregnant you are.

Herejustforthisone · 13/10/2022 20:00

Totally disproportionate response to an innocent poster pointing out your initially incorrect statement.*

blueberry23 · 13/10/2022 20:00

I think we all knew exactly what @ImEasyLikeSundayMorning was saying - I understood perfectly. I'm sure she is perfectly aware that peeing on sticks doesn't cause pregnancy 😂

OP posts:
Herejustforthisone · 13/10/2022 20:02

blueberry23 · 13/10/2022 20:00

I think we all knew exactly what @ImEasyLikeSundayMorning was saying - I understood perfectly. I'm sure she is perfectly aware that peeing on sticks doesn't cause pregnancy 😂

That may well be but ‘grow up for fuck (sic) sake’ wasn’t really necessary.

ImEasyLikeSundayMorning · 13/10/2022 20:47

Herejustforthisone · 13/10/2022 20:02

That may well be but ‘grow up for fuck (sic) sake’ wasn’t really necessary.

Just the (sic) alone explains the type of person you are.
You're doing great.

OP, I'm glad you understood me, I spite of the patronising posts from others, it looks like it's progressing well and I was in your position a while back following a miscarriage and you absolutely clock-watch when you have had a loss. I also had an early scan, this reassured me, and I hope it does for you. Best of luck. X

Herejustforthisone · 13/10/2022 20:56

ImEasyLikeSundayMorning · 13/10/2022 20:47

Just the (sic) alone explains the type of person you are.
You're doing great.

OP, I'm glad you understood me, I spite of the patronising posts from others, it looks like it's progressing well and I was in your position a while back following a miscarriage and you absolutely clock-watch when you have had a loss. I also had an early scan, this reassured me, and I hope it does for you. Best of luck. X

I am a pedant.

But I don’t randomly swear at people on the internet.

ImEasyLikeSundayMorning · 13/10/2022 21:11

Herejustforthisone · 13/10/2022 20:56

I am a pedant.

But I don’t randomly swear at people on the internet.

A what 'unt?

You can (sic) that if you like.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.