My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask if toddler dining chairs are pointless?

55 replies

MarianneVos · 05/10/2022 09:46

My DCs are too big for highchairs but too small for normal chairs. We have booster seats but they're still a little low.

I've seen that you can get toddler seats like this:
www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/agam-junior-chair-black-70253541/

But the seat height is 52cm. Normal adult chairs are 46-50cm high so AIBU to think these are just a pointless gimmick if they only add 2cm?

Or have people found them really useful? If so, to what age?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

19 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
37%
You are NOT being unreasonable
63%
anniewaitsevenlonger · 05/10/2022 21:23

Trip traps are beautiful but IMO a ludicrous price for what they are unless you have money to burn. Other than being aesthetically pleasing there are significantly cheaper options with similar practicality.

beccahamlet · 05/10/2022 21:26

In my experience ( and I have a lot! ) they are really useful for 2/3/4 year olds. Not just for eating but for crafts and colouring/puzzles.

MandyMotherOfBrian · 05/10/2022 21:40

Handysitt, excellent and used ours for years.

swg1 · 06/10/2022 10:25

anniewaitsevenlonger · 05/10/2022 21:23

Trip traps are beautiful but IMO a ludicrous price for what they are unless you have money to burn. Other than being aesthetically pleasing there are significantly cheaper options with similar practicality.

Thing is they're actually really well built (hence why mine is now a substitute step ladder). I suspect most tripp trapps go through half a dozen families before they get broken. We got ours at a car boot sale.

Snowberry3 · 06/10/2022 12:24

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.